Thread: Wife must click through ZA Sec Suite, always

wisedriver Guest

Default Wife must click through ZA Sec Suite, always

When my wife logs onto her desktop (with a limited account, Win XP Sp2) she has to click through the 'settings' window for ZA. This happens every time, even though she's clicked through many times now. Not so when I log on (administrator), just her.

Would appreciate a tip about how to make it so ZA remembers her and does not require the click through for ZA to go right to work when she logs on.

Thanks.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:7.0

Default Re: Wife must click through ZA Sec Suite, always

Set her account as an admin, logon,go thru the ZA screens,then log off, reset it to a limited user and then logon again. Let me know if it doesn't work.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

wisedriver Guest

No luck. I'd thought the same thing as I was typing that she had a limited account. But I changed her to an administrator, logged her in, went through the ZA set up etc and when I went back again the same ZA click through showed up. I've used ZA for maybe 4 years or so and this didn't happen earlier. Not sure when this has started but I think it's fairly recent, within some months.

Any other ideas?

superclyde Guest

May i ask how you got ZASS7?Upgrade or a uninstall install.

wisedriver Guest

"May i ask how you got ZASS7?Upgrade or a uninstall install."

I may have gotten a notice from Zonelabs about the upgrade to 7 or I may have happened upon it while visiting Zone Labs website. Anyway, I believe I was having the same problem with my wife's desktop ZA settings with the previous version, before the upgrade.

superclyde Guest

I'm sorry I didn't upgrade to ZASS 7.I did a complete uninstall install.I also have my guest account disabled.

superclyde Guest

How much of this would apply to you?
    Hi!
    it is very difficult to try to troubleshoot this problems. Were you upgrading from previous version?
    If not. Did you uninstalled your previous security tool?
    How do you connect to the internet? Via dial-up or do you have a router? Do you receive any connection error?

Please note that other tools hooking on the system may conflicts with the new ZA. For example, SpywareDoctor, SpySweeper, TeaTimer in SpybotS&D, registry monitoring tools (registry mechanics), Defragmenter tools (diskeeper), other AV/AS (Norton, McAfee, etc..), printer utility at start-up (HP monitoring), HIPS, CIPS, etc... Please disable/uninstall these before installing. Please note that some of these tools will still be active even if disabled (e.g spyware doctor), some of them can even survive to SAFE MODE, so the safest option is to uninstall them.

First try a clean uninstall, please follow closely this instruction:
    http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...n_install.html
    Second, uninstall other security tools. for example, If you had/have Norton please run this utility:
    http://www.symantec.com/symnrt
    Third clean your system and registry: try ccleaner (www.ccleaner.com/download). Its free.
    Finally, install ZASS 7 again. Download again the installer (and don't use any download managers).

wisedriver Guest

Will give that a try later.

Thread Information