Thread: ZoneAlarm Program Control

hagrido Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Program Control

I have been using Zonealarm Suites for quite some time now. I upgraded from ZoneAlarm Security Suite 6.5 to the new Security Suite 7 so I would be able to use MSN messenger again. I have not tried MSN on suite 7 yet after reading how some people experience system crashes but the main problem I am having is with the Program Control section and also multiple users being logged on.
    I have ZA program control on MAX and smartdefense advisor on Manual just like how I always did in earlier versions. However about 60% of the time it seems as if ZA is still doing AUTO (which I changed to MAX & Manual) because it does not alert me if certain programs are trying to access the internet but it does alert me for some (maybe the programs unknown to ZA).
    How can i make it alert me for everything(whether accessing registry or accessing internet) which ZA SS6 was able to do?

Second problem is using more than one users in windows xp, when i have 2 users logged on windows and one decides to log off, my screen just go black and sits there. Im guessing a ZA alert came up on the other user's side but I would not be able to say allow or deny since im logging off this user at the moment and I am not able to tell what the alert is so I can add it to program control and say allow always. This problem started after I installed ZA SS.
    How can this problem be solved?

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Program Control

For the alerts stuff, go to the alerts and logs section and turn everything on and to high. AS for the log on problem. Try logging off each user before logging onto the next, and see what happens.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

hagrido Guest

Ok turning alerts on high shows everything now.

For the logon thing it works if I log off the first user before logging on as another user, but my computer is used by more than one person so most of the time 2 users are logged on at the same time.
    It seems ZASS7 was not meant for multi-user support so i decided to take a screenshot of all programs loaded in Program Control that way if a new alert came up and I couldn't see it, while I am using a different user session causing the computer to lock up entirely, I would look at the screenshot after i restarted windows and see the new program in the program control list thats not in the screenshot and grant it access so it wont popup again causing a lockup. I found out that it was some ATI exe file (probably asking permission to monitor mouse or keyboard input).

So far no more problems. Thank you very much for your help

The multiuser problem gets fixed, then gets broke because something else needs to be tightened. Let tech support know. http://www.zonelabs.com/tsformThey may need logfiles from you.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

Thread Information