Thread: Release history & installer

_sig_ Guest

Default Release history & installer

I just looked at the ZA release history page. I noticed that the latest release of 6.5 was "6.5.731.000" but, my version of ZA free shows "6.5.737.000". Is the history page correct or is it missing the "737" release info.? Also, I downloaded the latest ZA free version and noticed that the file size lists as 38.1MB, is that correct? The last install was much smaller.

Default Re: Release history & installer

That's version 7.0.302.000, which is real latest release.

_sig_ Guest

<blockquote><hr>Jeruselem wrote:
    That's version 7.0.302.000, which is real latest release.
    <hr></blockquote>

I was just surprised at the size of the install file, almost thought that something wasn't right with the file I d/l'd. What about the Release History page... I mentioned that my current ZAF is listing the version as &quot;6.5.737.000&quot; but, I don't see that version listed on the page. Either the Release History page is missing that version or something is wrong with my ZAF.

ZA 7 is huge - the full suite is 38 Mb. Actually the free version is the full version with bits disabled until you put in a license.

Message Edited by Jeruselem on 01-29-2007 08:58 AM

_sig_ Guest

Okay. What about the second part of my most recent post(ZA Release History Page listing)? I'm am very curious as to why the version of ZAF that I have installed on my PC now isn't even listed as a official release. I d/l'd the installer for this version from the ZAF d/l link in zone labs' site so, I would assume that it is a release version.

7.0.302.000 is an official one - the most recent one. Some associate sites have not actually caught up.

_sig_ Guest

7.0.302.000 is an official one - the most recent one. Some associate sites have not actually caught up.
    <hr></blockquote>

Sorry, I should have made my post more clear. I understood that 7.0.302.000 is the latest official release from seeing your first reply. On the ZA release history page (which I think is a official Zone Labs page, if I'm wrong then I appologize for my ignorance)(http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.html) it lists 7.0.302.000 but, the version I have which should be the one right before the latest release isn't there. I have 6.5.737.000 installed on my PC now and the release history page doesn't list it as a official release. Can you or anyone else confirm ZA released a version 6.5.737.000? I can be kind of paranoid when it comes to things like this, thinking that it could be possible that somehow I d/l'd a illegit copy. I assume that it is a mistake with the release history page where someone forgot to add it to the list but, I wanted you or another Guru to confirm.

I also have found more questions about ZAF but, I will start another thread for them.

6.5.737.000 is the previous non-free version released. It was not released as a free version and only for licenced customers. The latest free version of ZA was 6.5.714.000, but 6.5.722.000 and 6.5.737.000 are not listed as they were only for licenced customers only.

_sig_ Guest

6.5.737.000 is the previous non-free version released. It was not released as a free version and only for licenced customers. The latest free version of ZA was 6.5.714.000, but 6.5.722.000 and 6.5.737.000 are not listed as they were only for licenced customers only.
    <hr></blockquote>

Are you absolutely sure that it wasn't a &quot;ZAF&quot; release? I know for sure I d/l'd it from the &quot;ZA Free&quot; link with-in Zone Labs.com. The apporximate date when I d/l'd the install from Zone Labs' &quot;ZAF&quot; d/l page was &quot;October 25, 2006&quot;. I always went to &quot;zonelabs.com&quot; and then &quot;Home &amp; Office&quot; and then under &quot;Home &amp; Office&quot; I would select &quot;ZoneAlarm&quot; in the &quot;Side Bar&quot; at the left of the page for the d/l link. I don't understand the install I d/l'd was for &quot;Pro&quot; only. I know for sure that when it installed on my PC that I was prompted to select between &quot;Pro&quot; or &quot;Free&quot; in the setup. How could this happen?? How could Zone Labs make a mistake like this where they would allow a install file that was intended for &quot;Pro&quot; users ONLY that I could d/l it and install it as a &quot;free&quot; version. Well, as long as it's a &quot;legit&quot; version and not some fake version then I guess it's all good.

Jeruselem, thank you for your replies to my help questions. I appreciate your replies.

SIG

Thread Information