Thread: My ZA Security Suite twice had to close when online...

Hybrid View

ammsterz Guest

Default My ZA Security Suite twice had to close when online...

I say, "WaZaaa!!!"
    I've only started using ZA Internet Security Suite (ver.7.0.302.000) and it lately it had to close with a message refering to something like the ZoneAlarm Client has encountered a problem and has to close down. While the message appeared I:
    <ul>[*]was online via DSL connection[*]had I think at least three Internet Explorer windows running[*]may well had a video loading from YouTube.com[/list]

After closing the message I:<ul>[*]could not close few or all of the IE windows[*]tried shutting down the computer and failed so...[*]manually shut down the computer by pressing the turn off button[/list]

However, after turning on the PC, everything seemed to be running normal. What should I do?

Thanks a lot

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:7.0

billc Guest

Default Re: My ZA Security Suite twice had to close when online...

Uninstall then reinstall ZASS. When you uninstall, do it this way. Go into the start menu locate the zonelabs entry and right click on the uninstaller and select properties. Now in the target box you must add a space and then /clean to the end so that it looks something like this "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean click apply and then OK. Next open ZA and turn off the load on boot option, then reboot and then run the uninstaller.This should get rid of all of ZoneAlarm. Now go to your windows temp folder and delete everything. Find the folder named Internet logs and delete it then empty your recycle bin.

ammsterz Guest

Hello
    Thanks for your help, BillC.I've done everything as instructed.
    However, when I tried to delete Internet logs, two .txt files were not able to delete (tvDebug and fwpktlog, I think)
    so I left those two perhaps because the message box asking me to reboot was
    running.
    So I rebooted the PC after the rest of
    the unistallation process was completed and proceeded with the rest of the steps untill ZASS7 is reinstalled. Is this ok to avoid the problem aforementioned from recurring or should I repeat and ensure that Internet logs folder is completely deleted.
    Thanks

billc Guest

Hmm. I wonder why you couldn't delete the two text files but no worries, leaving them will not hurt anytrhing.

Thread Information