Thread: zone alarm pro- webroot spy sweeper oddity

dunkinidaho Guest

Default zone alarm pro- webroot spy sweeper oddity

after uninstalling my zone alarm because of an ongoing conflict with my internet conection I've noticed an oddity with regards to webroot spy sweeper. I would always have a dozen or so spy cookies ready to be quarantined on the spy sweeper but since uninstalling ZA there are "never" any cookies in my computer. It's like the zone alarm had been attracting cookies.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:

billc Guest

Default Re: zone alarm pro- webroot spy sweeper oddity

I guess you know Zone Alarm really does not attract cookies. What could have been happening is both Zone Alarm Pro and Spy Sweeper were trying to block cookies resulting in a conflict were neither blocked cookies.

Do you wish to reinstall Zone Alarm Pro again and see if it works for you now? If so, I'll post some steps that will help both the installation and hopefully your connection problem.

dunkinidaho Guest

Sounds good Bill, I'll give it one more try. Thanks

billc Guest

OK then. Down load and save to your desktop a new installation file for Zone Alarm Pro. Now open your Task Manager and look to see if you can find either vsmon.exe or zlclient.exe running. If you do not, then run the installation selecting a 'clean' install when you are asked. If you do see either application running, boot into the safe mode first then run your installation.

Once installed if you have trouble accessing the internet, let us know.

Thread Information