Thread: Attempt to modify driver: BITS

surfdude Guest

Default Attempt to modify driver: BITS

Zonelarm consistently gives me the warning that various programs (all trusted ones mind you) are attempting to modify an existing driver: BITS. I have been consistently denying this as I dont know what it means. Can anyone explain?
    I am using Zonealarm Pro Version 6.5.737.000 on Windows XP.

Thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

zaswing Guest

Default Re: Attempt to modify driver: BITS

There is a service called Background Intelligent Transfer Service which transfers files in the background. One thing using the service is

M$ automatic updates, but any automatic downloads would use this sort of service. People who don't like automatic updates (me) have the service shut off or manual.
    I do not know whether there is a driver called BITS, could well be.My guess, then, would be that unless the modifier of that driver is Microsoft, for instance updating your genuine advantage or the update
    application itself, I'd deny it, worry, and google for more information.
    One thing you can do next time the alert comes along is click on SmartDefense. Now, mind you, Smart defense isn't all that smart, and it may well scare you at first, BUT it will give the path and MD5 and other information which might help you find out more about it. Go through all 3 or 4 tabs once you get there.
    Let's hope a GURU of these forums comes along to help.

Message Edited by zasuiteuser on 02-22-200710:58 PM

Thread Information