Thread: popup menu grayed out when I right click the ZA tray icon

chepstowboy Guest

Default popup menu grayed out when I right click the ZA tray icon

I have uninstalled and re installed ZA Security Suite 7 to see if that fixes the problem when I right click the ZA tray icon and the popup menu(where it says restore, shutdown, engage, help, about...)is grayed out/locks up.Only thing that I think could have started it was after installing I closed the main program where all the settings are by clicking the X.After that on bootup or log off and on the main program will not restore.Any ideas?Also tell me if this is the wrong forum for this post.Thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:7.0

billc Guest

Default Re: popup menu grayed out when I right click the ZA tray icon

You say you've tried reinstalling ZASS. I'd like to suggest you try again but first uninstall ZASS this way. Go into the start menu locate the zonelabs entry and right click on the uninstaller and select properties. Now in the target box you must add a space and then /clean to the end so that it looks something like this "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean click apply and then OK. Next open ZA and turn off the load on boot option, then reboot and then run the uninstaller.This should get rid of all of ZoneAlarm. Now go to your windows temp folder and delete everything. Find the folder named Internet logs and delete it then empty your recycle bin.

chepstowboy Guest

Already did that.Don't make no difference.Still does it even on a clean pc with a first install of the program.

billc Guest

Gosh, if it does it on a clean PC I've not got a solution to try other than to contact Zone Labs Technical Support

Thread Information