Thread: enter Reports

Hybrid View

gigabyter Guest

Default enter Reports

Security Center reports ZoneAlarm AntiVirus may be out of date, Although ZoneAlarm Internet Security States that it is up to date,and no updates availabe. How do I fix this problem, or is this just another of the ZoneAlarm Saga of problems that will never be addressed even though there are promises it will be. Also there is still a problem with ZoneAlarm IS shutting down without having a popup box appear on screen, when will this be fixed also ?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:7.0

critterjoe Guest

Default Re: enter Reports

<blockquote><hr>Gigabyter wrote:
    Security Center reports ZoneAlarm AntiVirus may be out of date, Although ZoneAlarm Internet Security States that it is up to date,and no updates availabe. How do I fix this problem, or is this just another of the ZoneAlarm Saga of problems that will never be addressed even though there are promises it will be. Also there is still a problem with ZoneAlarm IS shutting down without having a popup box appear on screen, when will this be fixed also ?

Operating System: Windows XP Pro
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version: 7.0

<hr></blockquote>

Hi;
    I don't use 7.0, so I can't answer all your questions. But in regards to your first one about the Windows Security Center, it's probably answered in the sticky note about known issues at the link below. Supposedly, there is going to be an update to 7.0 coming out any day, according to another user's post who had some email from tech support. I guess that's kinda &quot;hearsay&quot;, but hopeful.

http://forums.zonelabs.com/zonelabs/...ssage.id=61385

As for the second question, are you saying that you ARE or are NOT seeing a small ZA &quot;end program&quot; window popup when shutting down Windows? Many people do see an end program display when shutting down by design. I'm not sure what it means if you do not see it, if anything. In fact, even though I see it often, I'm not sure that I see it *every* time either. It may just mean that your Windows has more time to close and doesn't need to display that, but no expert here, just a fellow user. Maybe someone else will comment on the significance, if any, of not seeing it. Good luck.

Message Edited by Critterjoe on 02-16-200708:24 PM

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.1

Default Re: enter Reports

Correct. If you don't see the shutting down message (which is
    generated by
    Windows, not
    by ZA) it means that ZA has shut down within the time Windows waits for apps and related services
    to close before starting its own shutdown. Not seeing the message is not a bug, but generally a good thing.
    The time Windows waits is set in these registry keys:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop, value name: WaitToKillAppTimeout
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l, value name: WaitToKillServiceTimeout
    By default both are set to 20000 milliseconds. You can increase both to some other (same) time if you wish.
    A useful service that can speed up shutdown when apps are slow to release the User profile hive
    is UHPclean.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Thread Information