Thread: Would like to discontinue using Norton Antivirus and Norton Firewall

nich Guest

Default Would like to discontinue using Norton Antivirus and Norton Firewall

I have been using Norton Antivirus and Norton Firewall since 2005.
    As the renewal date for these products draw near, I start getting :an attempt has been made
    ...", and a trojan was found on your computer (Norton cannot remove it) messages.
    I would like to use Zone Alarm for the firewall, but the download time says it will take 10+ hours to complete the download.
    Is it possible to get a CD with the firewall on it for Win XP Home?
    If so, what would the cost be?
    I can't justify tying up my ISP and my phone line for such an extended time.
    C.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:

devildemonde Guest

Default Re: Would like to discontinue using Norton Antivirus and Norton Firewall

Hmmm... Your ISP doesn't charge by the minute or hour do they? I didn't think anybody still did that. If you're concerned about tying up the phone line during daytime hours there are other things you can do to get such an update to run during the late night hours while you're asleep and automatically disconnect at a certain time. Mine calls out every night at 11pm and disconnects at 6am every morning. If that's not your concern then by all means you can more than likely go to a number of stores and buy a copy of ZoneAlarm Pro. The places most likely to carry the software are large retailers. Also I'm quite sure you could contact ZoneAlarm's sales department by phone and they'd probably be more then happy to send you a disk for the same price as the Pro download, with some shipping and handling charges of course. Then again if you are after the free version all you can really do is put up with the download times or get a friend to download it and put it on a disk for you.

I know for a fact some retailers carry it because I just checked their websites and found the security suite there for a price I'll not mention here. I say that because I advocate buying software directly from the source whenever possible. It encourages the company to keep making a great product, and it helps keep retailers from forcing the sales price up.

Thread Information