Thread: Home networking problems

aratus Guest

Default Home networking problems

I recently installed ZoneAlarm, and it seems when I try to set up a network (windows home network wizard), that I cannot see the other computer for file sharing.
    I've added the other computers ip to trusted zones, but to no avail.
    I cannot see let alone share files with this computer.
    Can someone help?
    Aratus

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5

devildemonde Guest

Default Re: Home networking problems

Home Networking issues do not seem to be covered in the spectrum of this forum. I have quite a bit of end user home networking experience and if I have the blessing of the forum mods I'll be more than happy to help you resolve your networking conflict. As far as it being a ZoneAlarm problem if you've added the base network address as a trusted zone any computer on that network should be marked as safe. Though in all honesty if more than one person has access to those computers it's not really safe. After all one can never know what their siblings, spouses, and children are doing on the internet or what sort of e-mail attachments they might open. If that is the case instead you may want to consider just opening the port for that computer's(the file host's) internal IP for file sharing. This will limit what applications have access.

Thread Information