Thread: Can I add Zone Alarm Anti-Virus to my Zone Alarm Pro?

Hybrid View

cpiad Guest

Default Can I add Zone Alarm Anti-Virus to my Zone Alarm Pro?

Some bakground:
    I purchased and installed ZoneAlarm Pro last year.
    I had PC Tools AntiVirus on my machine, but it keeps causing problems and I want to install a new Anti-Virus program.
    I thought if I installed a ZoneAlarm Anti-Virus product the two could co-exist.
    When I tried to install Zone Alarm Anti-Virus it warns that I am installing a lesser product than Zone Alarm Pro, so I exited prior to ZoneAlarm Anti-Virus installation.
    My question:
    Can I install ZoneAlarm Anti-Virus along with ZoneAlarm Pro to provide anti-virus protection along with the firewall?
    Is the warning intended to drive me to buy the integrated product?
    Thanks much.

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:

Message Edited by cpiad on 02-19-200705:23 PM

Default Re: Can I add Zone Alarm Anti-Virus to my Zone Alarm Pro?

The answer to your question is no. Both products contain firewalls so the best alternative is to upgrade to the Suite which contains all the features of both products plus more.

cpiad Guest

That is what I was afraid of .. instead of just spending $29.00, ZoneAlarm wants me to spend $49.
    Oh well ... I guess I'll have to figure a way of making PC Tools Anti-Virus work.
    No way I am going to spend another $49.
    Thanks anyway.

If you are looking for a good free antivirus to replace the PCtools antivirus, why not try AntiVir or Avast or even the AOL antivirus (just uncheck the AOL toolbar option during the install of the AOl). Antivir is very good antivirus, simple and very effective and efficent. Avast does a lot- IM scanning, email client scanner and web scanner. The AOl is a KAV clone without the extras (but still has the I-Stream and I-Scan included), just no proactivedefense or web scanner. All three are light and fast.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Try clicking the 'Renew' button under the 'Product Info' tab which usually takes you to a web page offering you an upgrade to the Suite for a discounted price.

Thread Information