Thread: Could you tell me what is the function of the ' .tmp' files in the 'internet files' folder.

qichuan Guest

Default Could you tell me what is the function of the ' .tmp' files in the 'internet files' folder.

can I delete them?Why they emerged from time to time,how to prevent them
    to
    producte.another question:when
    ZA is running update,where are the updating files stored?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

critterjoe Guest

Default Re: Could you tell me what is the function of the ' .tmp' files in the 'internet files' folder.

<blockquote><hr>qichuan wrote:
    can I delete them?Why they emerged from time to time,how to prevent them to producte.another question:when ZA is running update,where are the updating files stored?

Operating System: Windows XP Pro
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version: 6.5

<hr></blockquote>

Here is an overview of all the types of files in the Internet Logs folder, courtesy of Guru BillC:

http://forums.zonelabs.com/zonelabs/...ssage.id=32787

Note that when he says you cannot remove some files, he means they can't be deleted in Normal Mode, but only in Safe Mode. .tmp and ZAlog.txt files can be deleted in Normal Mode.

I'm not sure where anti-spyware updates are stored. Someone else will have to answer that part. However, it looks to me like they're stored in the C:\windows\system32\zone labs folder. There's a couple large DAT files there that look like they could be the antispyware updates, perhaps one is a backup. These files are likely overwritten with each update, with only the most current ones remaining. Good luck.

Message Edited by Critterjoe on 02-28-200701:40 AM

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.1

Thread Information