Thread: ZA free 7.0.302.000 causing windows XP to crash and restart

johnmech Guest

Default ZA free 7.0.302.000 causing windows XP to crash and restart

Hello everyone,

Recently I upgraded to the new version of ZA free 7.0.302.000. After upgrading, sometimes every now and then, my computer will restart by itself and produce the following error messsage...

Error Signature
    BCCode : 10000050 BCP1 : F000E832 BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : F7192355
    BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERb689.dir00\M ini022707-01.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERb689.dir00\s ysdata.xml

I'm using an HP Pavilion a1520n computer with Windows XP media center version 2002 SP2. I installed the ZA update on my parents Gateway XP media center computer and it has also experienced the exact same problem.

Somone ran a debug on three dmp files that were created from the errors.

From the debug file...

First one: "Unable to load image vsdatant.sys". (this is a driver for TrueVector Device Driver by Zone Labs Inc.).
    Second and third ones: "Unable to load image srescan.sys" (also apparently a driver related to Zone Labs Inc.).

I would like to email the dmp and debug file to ZA in hopes that they can provide a fix as this might effect other people. Can anyone please provide and email I can send the files to ? Has anyone else experience similar problems ?

Thanks for your help.
    John

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:7.0

Default Re: ZA free 7.0.302.000 causing windows XP to crash and restart

The address for the dmp is

http://www.nohold.net/noHoldCust25/P...bsodcrash.html

But they may ignore your forwarded file since the ZAFree is being used.

I will tell you this. The ZAFree version 7.x has the entire ZASS underneath it. The screscan dll and driver is not needed for the ZAFree users. It can be safely removed and the reg key for it as well. This may resolve both driver issues at the same time.

As an alternative, the ZAFree 6.5 or the ZAFree 6.1 will do the same job as the ZAFree version 7.x. It has no hidden parts from the ZAS. You could just uninstall the present version and install either of these instead.

Download from...

http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.html

A strong point, I must make, the drivers from all parts of the PC should be up to date. Everything from the sound and graphics to the network drivers to even a USB driver. Usually old out-dated drivers is the main cause of errors and such issues. The second cause of could be a hardware issue such as a bad RAM card or video card or even a failing hardrive.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information