Thread: Re: Zone Alarm 7 - Japanese version

aapl Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm 7 - Japanese version

I was wondering when the version 7 of the zone alarm products are being released in Japanese.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5

I do know the Zone Alarm is in different languages. Can't find it.

Try the checkpoint.co.jpn/ and on their site is listed Zone Labs link. This may point you in the right direction. But there mmybe no native japanese versions for the ZAFree, maybe just the paid versions. I am very sorry, but the Japanese characters are beyond my grasp and I cannot say for sure.

In my search I found the Zone Labs site based in Japan

http://www.zonelabs.com/store/conten...ry=JP&dc=90dia

But I can not actually tell you if there is a ZA free version available there for downloading. The language is too hard for me to learn. If it was in a Western or Eastern European language , I could probably decipher most of it and make some conclusions.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

aapl Guest

The latest version on the Japanese site is 6.5.737.000. The English version of Zone Alarm 7 has been released for a while now, and I think check point has no excuse to delay the release of the Japanese version any longer.

What you say is very true.

However, the latest ZAFree version is really no different from the ZAFree version 6.5. ZAFree version 7 just has newer GUI, but is the same and identical firewall to version 6.5.

In fact it maybe a good thing- the ZAFree version 7 has the ZASS version 7 underneath it. It does have the occasional ZASS feature running silently and causing issues and the installer is much larger than the ZAFree version 6.5 installer. Plus it takes up more space on the HDD than the version 6.5. In one way it is a blessing.

I am sure the ZAFree version 7 will be available in Japanese. They have to catch up and hopefully you can wait a little longer.

Thanks and take care.

Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 03-09-2007 07:38 PM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

aapl Guest

Thanks for the reply. It's reassuring to know that I am not using an obsolete software to protect my pc (which in a way would be oxymoron).

Aapl

Thread Information