Thread: Missing icon in system tray

Hybrid View

oobydooby Guest

Default Missing icon in system tray

Slight problem, but the zone alarm icon keeps disappearing from the system tray. I have used word with a known internet link to access the net and zone alarm asks if I want the program to access the web, so I know zone alarm is working. I would feel better if I could see the icon in the tray and wonder if anyone can point me to how to keep it there.

I am using XP sp2 with ZA free version 7.0.302.000.

Many thanks.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:7.0

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Missing icon in system tray

Your XP has control over the system tray icons - lower left - 'Start' - look for 'control panel' [or put in there- it's very useful] - 'Appearances and Themes' - 'Taskbar and Start Menu' - 'Taskbar' - "Notification area" - 'Customize...' - look for ZA in Current Items - Behavior - "Always Show" - OK - Apply . The effects are not immediate, you need to shut down for the night and the next time you start the pc, it should be there; (you can also repeat the command process a few times to make sure your pc, gets the message).
    This sometimes happens with the system taskbar losing it's setting, easy to fix. And one more thing, I hope you have completely uninstalled/deleted any previous firewall that you have had on your pc; as a general rule - one firewall, one anti-virus running on a pc, yes. If the problem persists or the taskbar fix doesn't work, you may have to re-install ZA, as a last resort.NaiveMelody NYC 3-15-07~2:29am e.s.t. - Don't you (forget about me) - Simple Minds

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 03-19-200701:35 PM

Default Re: Missing icon in system tray

Or just right click on the taskbar, click properties, then customize,
    etc. :-)

Thread Information