When I upload a file using Internet Explorer 6/7 or FireFox 2, I noticed that vsmon.exe will first start gaining memory usage pretty fast. After a few seconds the CPU usage will start increasing.

At the end, the usage is stuck at 99% which pretty much bogs down my computer to death.

Is there any solution for this problem? This seems to effect all my computers.

I'm using:
Windows XP Professional
Latest ZoneAlarm Free Version [ZoneAlarm/TrueVector/Driver] (7.0.302.000)
FireFox 2.0
Internet Explorer 6
Norton Systemworks 2003 (Antivirus)

Windows XP Home
Latest ZoneAlarm Free Version [ZoneAlarm/TrueVector/Driver] (7.0.302.000)
FireFox 2.0
Internet Explorer 6
AVG Antivirus


Files Attempted to Upload:
Video Files (78MB and 101MB)

Location for upload:
YouTube
FileFront

Operating System: Windows XP Pro
Product Name: ZoneAlarm (Free)
Software Version: 7.0


UPDATE #1:
I had to do a minor workaround for my computer. Since I am on cable internet (Roadrunner) and behind a Wireless Router (but not using wireless though), I believe I am safe temporary with ZoneAlarm is turned off while I upload my files to FileFront and YouTube (plus I also have Norton Internet Worm Protection as "ON" which Microsoft Security Center sees it as a "firewall". So I assume it is safe to have it off temporary while I upload and such.

Regardless I would like a better solution than turning off ZoneAlarm every time I want to upload a file.


UPDATE #2:
I tried uploading via Yousendit.com and it is NOT effected at all (vsmon.exe was at 10% cpu usage or less the whole update)! Could the problem lies with ZoneAlarm with not being compatible or having problems with special upload features that YouTube and FileFront uses (I think they use Flash or something).

I hope this latest information will help you figure out a solution.

Message Edited by LL on 03-16-200709:16 AM

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
Software Version:7.0