Thread: Zone Alarm Security Suite 7 Spyware protection.

wstern Guest

Default Zone Alarm Security Suite 7 Spyware protection.

Hi,
    Kaspersky Anti-virus 6 does not separate its anti-virus and anti-spyware protection into separate modules.Kaspersky's anti-spyware protection seems to be included in their anti-virus engine (If I read Kaspersky's website correctly).
    My question is this:Is Zone Alarm 7 using an anti-spyware module written in house by Zone Alarm, or is it using Kaspersky's Anti-spyware capabilitieswhich come with the Kaspersky 6 Anti-virus engine.

Another way to phrase this question would be: Did Kaspersky license to Zone Alarmuse of Kaspersky's Anti-virus engine
    for anti-virus scanning only, or for Anti-spyware scanning also?
    I need to know if Kaspersky's anti-spyware cabilities in the Kaspersky anti-virus engine are enabled for Zone Alarm Suite 7 users?
    If they are not, I could install a version of Kaspersky Anti-virus 6 which I have, but I never opened the box yet.
    Bill

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:7.0

Default Re: Zone Alarm Security Suite 7 Spyware protection.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>wstern wrote:
    Hi,Is Zone Alarm 7 using an anti-spyware module written in house by Zone Alarm, or is it using Kaspersky's Anti-spyware capabilitieswhich come with the Kaspersky 6 Anti-virus engine.Another way to phrase this question would be: Did Kaspersky license to Zone Alarmuse of Kaspersky's Anti-virus enginefor anti-virus scanning only, or for Anti-spyware scanning also?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yes, ZASS uses full Kaspersky with detection of viruses, spyware, adware, riskware (extended antivirus database).But, ZASS also include ZA Antispyware, developed internally... so with ZASS you get actually 2 antispyware!Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

wstern Guest

Hi,
    Thank you for the quick response.
    If I understand you correctly, in ZASS 7, if you only do a Virus scan,it may find spyware or adware also during that &quot;virus only scan&quot;, and the spyware or adware
    it finds are being found by Kaspersky.
    Is that correct?
    Thank you
    Bill

Hi!lets see... "on access" scanning is with Kaspersky both for viruses and spyware..On access is also the spyware site blocking (by ZA), the ZA OSfirewall (ddl injection, host file, RUN key, etc..) and Smartdefence (white/black list in central ZA database)When you do a full scan on demand, it will check both with Kaspersky (virus/spyware/adware etc) and ZA Antispyware sequencially, first KAV than ZA AS.ZA antispyware scanner is basically "on demand" (if you exclude the on access control mentioned before)Did I answered to your question?Fax

wstern Guest

Hi,
    Thanks again.
    I understood your detailed answer 100%.
    I hope I can ask 2 follow up questions.
    1) Do you view the Zone Alarm's licensing of Kaspersky Anti-virus engine as a temporary 1 year license,

with the possibility in the next year or two that Zone Alarm will license another engine

(Remember how ZA switched from CA engine to Kaspersky engine recently).
    2) I currently use a Linksys WRT64GL router for my home network, but I am very impressed with what I've read

about the Check Point's Zone Alarm secure wireless router (Hardware appliance) model Z100G

see: http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...006/pr_12.html

With this Zone Alarm hardware appliance (which seems like it has its own firewall and hardware antivirus protection),

would I even need to use the software ZASS 7?
    Thanks,
    Bill

Hi!1. CA licensing lasted for quite sometime... I think that Kasperky has licensed KAV engine to ZA for 2 years...(not at all sure, this is just whatthe KAV license key in ZASS says and than may be ZA can renew it after...).2. I am not really knowlegable on that wireless router... you can probably ask to the Z100Gforum, here: http://sofaware.infopop.cc/eve/forum...m/f/1231038134Fax

wstern Guest

Thank you again - you answered all my questions.

Thread Information