Thread: ZA download

traderbay Guest

Default ZA download

Hi Guys and or gals,Is there any way for me to download the latest Free version of ZA without getting the trial version securite suite with it? I realize I do not have to install the other part, my issue is with the size of the download.(38.8mb) I am on a dialup machine in the sticks of Maine and keeping the connection that long is ussually imposible.I do have The ZA free ver.65.737.00 on disk that I had installed and the download was only 13mb.I did a complete uninstall using your info on how to do so a while back trying to address a issue I was having.(not related to your product) Now I would like to reinstall but as I said Cant do the 38mb DL. Thank you for all and any input.Lee

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: ZA download

Hi Lee

The ZA 6.5 will do the job just fine and probably for some time. Not too much has really changed in terms of security for the free other than some newer GUI.
    So you could stay with the present version and not have any security issues.

But if you are really concerned about getting the latest and a having lean installer for the ZAFree, I would suggest getting the latest ZAPro installer, let it run out of it's trial and convert itself into the ZAFree. The ZAPro installer is just over 14.8 mb in size.

Download page for the ZAFree..

http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.html

Download page for the ZAPro...

http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.html

Hope this helps.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

traderbay Guest

Oldsod,I really appreciate your time and info on this matter.Thank you for your advice.Both options sound good! Lee

You are welcome.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information