A couple of days ago ZoneAlarm prompted me to update to the latest V7 from V6.5 which I was running with no problem at all. I downloaded and updated to V7 apparently with no problems Suddenly I started to get hangs/crashes where my monitor appeared with only my background image showing and was unable to get W2K to do anything so had to reset my PC. This only seemed to happen when my PC was left unattended and with no applications running other than normal systray stuff. Finally it happened when I was sitting in front of the PC and the screen saver had not kicked in, I was able to see a message saying VSMON has had an error, on clicking OK the screen cleared apart from my background image and W2K locked up. I have been running V6 for many months with no problems and was surprised to see a failure with V7. I have read through many other posts on errors with VSMON but not sure if there are any with this symptom, and none I could find with a fix. For now I have removed V7 completely and installed V6.5 as a fresh install and so far have had no further errors.

Does anyone have any idea if this is a config problem or a code problem? I am loathed to go back to V7 unless I can find something positive to sort this out. My PC BTW is running a Core 2 Duo E6400 and has 1 GB ram with loads of h/disk space.

Stuart

Operating System:Windows 2000 Pro
Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
Software Version:7.0