Thread: ZAP 7.0.337.000 CPU Usage

codeman Guest

Default ZAP 7.0.337.000 CPU Usage

Under WinXP Pro SP2, the new version is constantly consuming 40-50% of my CPU time.
    Turning Kaspersky AV 6.0.1.411 off has no impact.
    In ZAP, I have AV monitoring and Email protection turned off.
    I do have ZAP's Anit-spyware enabled, but it's set to run at 12:30 AM every morning.
    ZAP 6.5.737.000 did not exhibit this problem.
    Does anyone know of a solution to this, or will I need to revert back to 6.5?
    As it stands now, 7.0 is impacting my computer too much and slowing everything down.

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:

Message Edited by codeman on 04-03-200709:15 AM

codeman Guest

Default Re: ZAP 7.0.337.000 CPU Usage

I was finally able to get a tech support ticket for this.
    I have a conflict with a driver for my Lexmark X83 multi-function printer.
    I'm using the latest version of the printer software, but I did a clean uninstall of the printer software and re-install it, without any luck. I'm hoping that ZA tech support can find a solution on their end.
    Since other folks are having this problem, here are the steps that ZA tech support sent to me:
    Please clean your startup programs other than Zone Alarm and see if you still have the same issues. Click Start, Run, type Msconfig in the run box, and click OK. Once in Msconfig, click the Startup Tab, and remove the checks from everything except Zlclient.exe. Now click the Service Tab, place a check in "Hide All Microsoft Services." Now remove checks from everything other than TrueVector Internet Monitor, and click OK. Restart your computer and see if it works. If it works, go back into Msconfig and place checks back in five or so at a time and restart, so you can narrow down what is causing the conflict.
    If the above does not work try the following.
    Please follow the steps in the document below to run a 'clean' uninstall of ZoneAlarm, then download and reinstall the latest version by using the links provided.
    In order to perform a clean uninstall of ZoneAlarm, there is a new option available (beginning with version 4). Please make sure that you have the latest version downloaded already, if you plan to reinstall. Now follow the steps below:
    IMPORTANT - If you have a Cisco VPN client installed, you must first uninstall the VPN client, then follow the instructions below, and reinstall the Cisco VPN client again afterwards. This procedure will remove all traces of the TrueVector service, which was incorporated by Cisco into the VPN software.
    - If you wish to keep your settings, create a Backup from Overview -
    >Preferences before starting, and then Restore afterwards.- Click on Start -> Programs -> Zone Labs- RIGHT-click on Uninstall Zone Labs Security, then select Properties- Under Target you will see the following line (the actual drive may be different on your system):"C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe"Change it to:"C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean(add a space and then the /clean)- Click OK to save the new command line.- Click on Start -> Programs -> Zone Labs -> Uninstall Zone LabsSecurity- Click OK to run the uninstaller, and OK any security alerts thatpop up.- say "Yes when being prompted for the removal of all files.- Reboot- Download and install the latest release of ZoneAlarm from the link below that refers to the version of ZoneAlarm you have.http://www.zonelabs.com/zapdownload

Thread Information