Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does the technical support by email exists? NO

borba Guest

Default Re: Does the technical support by email exists?

Dear Forum Moderator,

Thank You for your message. In my case I don
    t have any of the restrictions that you explain about AOL or RoadRunner ISP's.

In fact, I sent emails to the Submit _ Info @ zonelabs . com, as suggested in some places here in the forum (about BSOD problem) and in the instant support (please see at the end of the message the page of Zone Labs Customer Care
    that indicate this email adresses), so there is an email to sent problems to Technical Support!

Today, for the first time, I received an automatic message of my solicitations to the Tech support, as you said. The unique different thing that I did was put in the web form the email address that I used when I bought the ZASS, but there isn
    t any instruction about this in any place....If I could give a suggestion to improve the Technical Support Services, I would like to say to they to put in a clear form the information that the email adresses in the webform of Technical Support need to be the same email adesses used in the first registration in Zone Labs.

I respect the rules, when I sent the solicitations I waited for 5 business between the messages and webforms. Please see that I am having problems with ZASS since first week of march, I have tried a lot of times to have contact with the Technical Support without sucesses. I just sent many emails and solicitations in the web form because they never answered to me, no one feed back, nothing!

Now I am waiting for the feed back of the Tech support.

I would also to say that instead this problem, I believe that the ZASS is a good software.

Please see bellow the instructions to sent emails to Technical Support.

Sincerely,

Borba

Zone Labs Customer Care

This Information Applies to:
    All ZoneAlarm Products

Summary:

I am getting a Blue Screen (BSOD) on my system with ZoneAlarm running.

Solution:

IMPORTANT - VERIFY THESE FIRST

Verify that you have only

- Windows 2000/XP (the 6.5 version supports only Windows 2000/XP)
    - the very latest version of your ZoneAlarm product
    - the very latest drivers for all add-on hardware for your system
    - the very latest video drivers for your graphics card
    - ONE software firewall running (running multiple software firewalls is not supported)
    - the original Winsock file (search for WSOCK32.DLL, right-click and get Properties -> version)

=======================

If ALL of the above conditions have been met, and you still experience the BSODs, please contact us by sending an email to Submit _ Info @ zonelabs.com . Be sure to include the ALL of the following or your request will be deleted:

- Is the BSOD reproducible? Include step by step instructions for reproducing it.

- Do you get any specific error message or STOP code?

- Did anything change right before the BSODs began?

- What is your Operating System? Is it fully patched and updated?

- Include your product name, and all of the version information given on Overview -> Product Info.

**DO NOT SEND ANY FILES TO THIS ADDRESS**

**THIS IS NOT A TECH SUPPORT ADDRESS, IT IS FOR BSODs ONLY!**

borba Guest

Dear Crespo,

I live in Brazil. Today, for the first time, I received the email of the Technical Support that confirmed my solicitation and give me a number.

The unique different thing that I did was put in the webform the same email adresses that I used to registry in the Zone Labs. In my previous solicitations I put another email, and it did not work.

Good Look

Borba

ccrespo Guest

Borba,
    Ok, my mistake. Anyway i had tried from two domains (.pt and .com) one of the email was the one i used to register the product, and nothing. No SPAM blocking problem also - i'm sure about that.
    BTW, you say in another post that ZA Junk Email feature doesn't work
    with Outlook Express
    - Portuguese.
    I assume that is the PT-BR version?
    Crespo

borba Guest

My windows xp was bought here in Brazil and it is in portuguese.

forum_moderator Guest

Borba,Thats the issue your sending email to an address thats not support nor is itgoingto get the email forwarded.The email address is ONLY for submitting info for dev to lookat (such as bsod files, to look at and possibly make a better product in the future. Itsnot to fix your particularissue)and no response is ever rarely given from submission from it thats how its been for many years now.Please use the website only for supportIts very clear on our website what your support options are.We do not have a direct email address.Forum Moderator

Message Edited by Forum-Moderator on 04-09-2007 09:49 PM

codeman Guest

My ISP doesn't filter for spam, nor do I let my email app do so, so it's not a matter of the email getting lost on my end.
    Each time I've sent the request, I've gotten a window that starts with:

Thank you for contacting ZoneAlarm Technical Support.

Your request has been received, and will be processed by technical support.
    I went ahead and sent another request through the link you provided (the same one I used earlier) on 4/7.
    On 4/8, since I hadn't received a confirmation, I sent another copy using an alternate email address (which also asked them to clear my primary email if they had it blocked per ZL's instructions).
    I haven't gotten a response via either email address.
    I've been a paying customer of ZoneAlarm since version 3, and I'm copying and pasting my valid license key into the support form, along with all other info.
    The primary email address that I've used is the same one that shows up in my account on ZoneLabs where I've been reviewing my subscrption for the last 4 years.
    And my license key matches what's shown on my last order.
    I've done everything requested, yet I've received no confirmations.
    Backlogs are something we all have to cope with at times, but not even providing a confirmation that my request has been received is simply poor customer service.

Message Edited by codeman on 04-10-200709:35 AM

forum_moderator Guest

It is possible that our system marked your email address as spam if you sent to many requests in a certain amount of time the system will protect it self and add you to a spam list. I just tested the system for support and customer service using a free yahoo email account in both cases I got a confirmation email within 15 mins or less of my submission. So we know the system is working.A suggestion would be ot create a brand new yahoo email account and use that.Forum Moderator

ccrespo Guest

There is something very wrong with ZA support: I'm trying to open a case since Feb 26th - trying to be polite, a total of 5 or 6 request, all with days (or weeks) beetween them.I had always used: My order number, serial number, and a) the email used for register (a .pt domain), and later b) from another domain (.com). I always got a "Thank you for contacting ZoneAlarm Customer Service." screen, but NEVER got a confirmation email.Today (half hour ago) i tried again, but now using a free yahoo.com account - guess what: less then 10 minutes ago i got a confirmation email.
    It's crazy: this company doesn't accept the email i use to register but accepts a freebie account?
    CCrespo.

forum_moderator Guest

HelloWedo accept any email. Its the ISP or mail servers of these email addresses that don't except emails from us.Forum Moderator

codeman Guest

That's interesting.
    Both times that
    I renewed my subscription online I did get email confirmations to the email address that I registered with.
    If those make it, then why don't those from tech support?

I'd like to understand the specifics.
    With that, some of us may be able to approach our ISP's to get the problem resolved.

Message Edited by codeman on 04-12-200702:38 PM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information