Thread: 38Mo downloaded to update my ZA free 6.5.333, and it hates my CA antivirus!

leopol Guest

Default 38Mo downloaded to update my ZA free 6.5.333, and it hates my CA antivirus!

starting with a ZA free 6.5.333, the updating version offered on the web is a 7.5.333, and needs to download 38Mo. when starting to be installed,
    this 7.5 version
    asked me to uninstall
    my Comp.**bleep**. E-trust antivirus!38Mo is a lot of bits, to do what? why is it
    opposed to
    my e-trust antivirus?(xp home,
    ZA free user since a long time)

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:7.0

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: 38Mo downloaded to update my ZA free 6.5.333, and it hates my CA antivirus!

Some recent changes in the new version ZA 7 x Free version -"only", which we ourselves slowly discovered - There is a ZA Security Suite
    hidden underneath the ZA 7x Free. Which the 'phantom' non-functioning Kaspersky av in there, will conflict with your
    CA av. { If applicable to your case >>
    Solution - Firstuninstall/delete ZA 7 x
    Free and then install the old version 6.5.737 ZA Free
    of Aug. 31, 2006 - here is the link -

http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.html
    . -to the Release History page -
    go to 6.5 Branch - and find 6.5.737.000 - to download this version, if successful; your
    system will be working again} - [ later, you may get a ZA program update box - you may not want to automatically update that - this would be an update to the new ZA 7 x Free, again,
    - not again - tell it to remind you in 60 days- repeat and rinse, until further developments]. Don't ask me why.

Thanks to Senior JRosenfeld , Guru GeorgeV and others - who detected, analyzed , and offered up a solution;
    without any direct input or knowledge from ZA.<hr>NaiveMelody NYC 4-16-07~11:30pm e.s.t. - Incense and peppermints - Strawberry Alarm Clock

leopol Guest

Default Re: 38Mo downloaded to update my ZA free 6.5.333, and it hates my CA antivirus!

fine!
    many thanks and best regards to you and all mentioned contributors.i still stay on the 6.5.333 version for a while on this PC,
    but i try the 6.5.737 (not 733, sorry!) on another one.(a correction from leopol is made)

Message Edited by leopol on 04-17-200701:41 AM

Thread Information