Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Updclient.exe is causing me to CTD

redwagnum Guest

Default Re: Updclient.exe is causing me to CTD

<blockquote><hr>GeorgeV wrote:

Besides the Game Mode option in this Forum Link..
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=42696

I believe the Loss of Game disrution during AV/AS Updates has been fixed in the 7.0.408.000
    <hr></blockquote>

Unfortunately, this is not the case. UPDCLIENT.EXE is still stealing focus, every hour on the hour. Turning off the AS auto update feature is a work-around but it definitely needs to be fixed! They should make it check at bootup and either schedule it to check once or twice a day, or make the schedule user configurable. Twenty-four times a day is a bit much.

myndriot Guest

Ok, I'm going to show just how computer illiterate I am, but how do I turn off the auto update to fix this annoying updclient file.

santi Guest

I saw your comment today when I read through all the threads about this updclient problem that you were part of several months ago now. In response to your comment and what I saw in some others I poked around some more in my ZA setup. In the 7.0.470.000 version of ZA Security Suite there is a way of setting the AV and AS updates on and off and at what intervals. Have you found it in the meantime?

Anti-Virus/Anti-Spam tab &gt; advanced options &gt; updates &gt;
    there you can check to enable the updates for either one, and at the bottom is a list of intervals to choose from.

Hope this will help those who might still be looking...

santi Guest

<blockquote><hr>myndriot wrote:
    Ok, I'm going to show just how computer illiterate I am, but how do I turn off the auto update to fix this annoying updclient file.
    <hr></blockquote>

Did you ever get any help? This should help:

Anti-Virus/Anti-Spam tab &gt; advanced options &gt; updates &gt;
    there you can check to enable the updates for either one, and at the bottom is a list of intervals to choose from.

I'd think setting the interval to 12 or 24 hours would be the first choice so that you don't forget to turn it back on and don't get updated defn files and leave yourself open for trouble. If that doesn't do it for you, then you'll have to turn them off, but remember to turn them back on! or manually check for updates.

ZA Security Suite, 7.0.470.000 version

coolfire Guest

Santi, and all:
    The updclient.exe problem is also in Version 8 and reduces my XP Pro to a performance level beneath a 1986 PC DOS 286.
    Only option is in ZA preferences to select either automatic or manual.
    I've gone to manual.
    Either that or uninstall ZA for good.
    it only took seven hours to get it installed in the first place with several blue screens per hour.
    And it would never insall in my XP Home, even when it was alone with Windows, and that after 12 hours.
    And,no, the ZA team script with msconfig did not solve the problem on either machine.
    Just venting.
    I know the ZA team is good and sharp, but come on guys, there's a point beyond which a level of perfect function is counterproductive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information