Thread: ZA 7.0.337.000 keeps killing components of my FKC.exe (function key controller)

princealexi Guest

Default ZA 7.0.337.000 keeps killing components of my FKC.exe (function key controller)

for the special media buttons on my alienware laptop.
    It thinks the .rra and the .dll contain backdoor.win32.bitrose.aex...
    This is highly annoying...

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:7.0

Default Re: ZA 7.0.337.000 keeps killing components of my FKC.exe (function key controller)

Hi!please report this false positive to ZA specifying where they could dowload the files to test....Here: http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...are_report.jspFax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: ZA 7.0.337.000 keeps killing components of my FKC.exe (function key controller)

The KAV6 engine used by ZA 7.X is good but it does have a really bad habit of popping up with false positives.

UUhhm, he/she is using ZAPRO... so its more likely to be a ZA AS false positive...Fax

surfergirl Guest

Hello!
    This is a very serious problem.
    I cannot toggle my function key for my external monitor, a very important tool for me a notebook user.
    Pressing my function key and the correct key for display, my system crashes with an indicated memory page fault.
    After buying new memory and having the exact same problem, the only thing different from when I last used an external monitor about 3 weeks ago was that I updated ZoneAlarm Pro Internet Security Suite to version 7.
    A friend had problems when she accepted the latest update from Norton.
    What is with you all in giving us software that takes over our machines?
    I think I am going to uninstall ZoneAlarm and try something else.
    It's a shame because I really liked the previous version.
    Maybe I'll reinstall that one after I uninstall v7.
    Here's a hint:
    I don't like my machine taken over by ANYONE, malicious software or a company that purports to protect us from malicious software.
    I've lost some prime consulting money over the last 3 weeks because I need my larger screen.
    What a disaster!

Hi!yes, please report this false positives to ZA link I have mentioned in my previous post.ZA staff does not monitor this board, so the best is to inform them directly.Fax

Thread Information