Thread: BSOD: crash analysis points to "vsdatant.sys"; BUT I don't have ZA on this computer!

volvowagon Guest

Default BSOD: crash analysis points to "vsdatant.sys"; BUT I don't have ZA on this computer!

I have no ZA product installed on this system. There never has been a ZA product on this system.
    It is about 5 months old. I frequently get bsod upon system shutdown. The only tangible info on the bsod is:STOP: 0x0000007E
    There is no dump. There is no driver mentioned.
    My system is as follows:XP Pro SP2Dell Precision 390
    I run Dell's Crash Analysis tool and it points to driver vsdatant.sys
    I look at System Information>Software environment>Signed drivers and I can see vsdatant at the bottom of the list. Signed: "not available"; Device Class "LEGACYDRIVER"; all other info "Not available"
    As I said, I don't have any ZA products (or do I?), but I see ZA is owned by CheckPoint, and I do have CheckPoint VPN installed.
    Is vsdatant my problem? If so should I delete this and how?
    TIA

Operating System:Windows XP Pro

Default Re: BSOD: crash analysis points to "vsdatant.sys"; BUT I don't have ZA on this computer!

Not really familiar with the Checkpoint VPN, but it is possible the ZA firewall is included with it. Cisco does the same - includes the ZA inside the VPN.

Uninstall the VPN and reinstall and see if the BSOD disappears.

Maybe the VPN needs to be upgraded and maybe the drivers of the PC need to be upgraded.

Cheers.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information