Thread: Scanning Process.exe

jwtowns Guest

Default Scanning Process.exe

I am looking at my Processes in Task Manager (WinXP) and I have TWO ScanningProcess.exe processes running, one at 7,364k and the other at 7,180k.
    At the moment neither is using any CPU, but Can someone help me understand why I might have 2 of there running at the same time?John
    Sceurity Suite version 7.0.337.000

jdoliver Guest

Default Re: Scanning Process.exe

I believe they are from the Kaspersky anti-virus. One does real time anti-virus scanning, the other does real time anti-spyware scanning. They are normal for ZASS 7

gwtx Guest

<blockquote><hr>jwtowns wrote:
    I am looking at my Processes in Task Manager (WinXP) and I have TWO ScanningProcess.exe processes running, one at 7,364k and the other at 7,180k. ...JohnSceurity Suite version 7.0.337.000
    <hr></blockquote>

Ditto here, but mine are always in the 16MB range, So if it normal to have two copies, what about the memory usage?

Yes, its normal.Scanningprocess range is between 8MB and 25MBFax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

drewcl Guest

This process slows down my computer about alot, is there a way to turn it off, cpu has been been going power usage been going up 100 percent, this common with this version? or is there a fix?

kermitd Guest

I just installed ZA Anti virus. It took over 2 minutes from the time I dblclicked an icon until the splash screen came up. Checking Processes in Task Mgr (which also took over 2 minutes to show) showed me two instances of Scanning Process.exe also. I am not as concerned about the mem usage as I am about the fact that these two processes use 99% of my cpu cycles. My computer was very fast before I loaded ZAAV. I just bought 2 years of it and I'm about to go back to McAfee.

lynnch Guest

I also have those scanning processes - but not all the time.
    and not related to the system scans that I can schedule

they show up periodically and hog my system while they are running
    If I click on them and then end them - they show back up within a few seconds
    I just have to wait until they are done before I get my system back at a reasonable speed.

Any help?

Thread Information