Thread: Systems Check is "Critical" Even After Installing Security Suite--Why?

yacovdavid Guest

Default Systems Check is "Critical" Even After Installing Security Suite--Why?

I ran Zonealarm's systems check, which informed me that the overall health of my computer is critical.

So I installed and am running Zonealarm Internet Security Suite.

I then reran the systems check, but it gives me the exact same result as before I installed Zonealarm Internet Security Suite.

So what is going on?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Systems Check is "Critical" Even After Installing Security Suite--Why?

System Check is a third-party partnered company - it appears. Some of these types of system checkers/ monitors are &quot;not always&quot; reliable/ or competent. Is this 'system check' by IOLO Technologies? Question - what were the results of 'their' check? - what critical parts or problem areas were 'indicated?'<hr>For first time users of ZoneAlarm -[*][*]

1- have you properly un-installed any previous firewall and/or anti-virus?? = this needs to be done - http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...message.id=154
    . Most new pc/laptops come with pre-installed security software, which should be properly un-installed prior to installing any ZoneAlarm firewall product. <hr>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software firewalls at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP add/remove software tool in the control panel.<hr>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two anti-virus products at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP add/remove software tool in the control panel.<hr>:0NaiveMelody NYC 1-6-08 - Dazz - Brick<ul>[/list][/list]

Thread Information