Thread: Long Time To Enable ZA Pro V 7

eromano Guest

Default Long Time To Enable ZA Pro V 7

It seems that since the last two upgrades of ZA Pro it takes longer and longer for the program to get up and running (enabled) after a reboot.
    It took 9 minutes just now after ZA installed new anti spyware update.
    Any suggestions?
    Anyone else having this problem.
    I have had Zone Alarm for many years and never had this trouble before.
    Bill Romano

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:7.0

watcher Guest

Default Re: Long Time To Enable ZA Pro V 7

Dear ermano:

I have ZAPRO installed and bootup is less than 2 minutes. I used to think the same thing when I had long bootup times but I don't think so now. What I did was to take my antivirus and antispyware programs out of the Registry Run subkey(HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVers ion\Run) and put them in the common Startup folder(All Users user profile)so that the only security software starting up from the Registry was ZAPRO. I also have ZAPRO's antispyware disabled. I only activate it to manually update it and to run an on-demand scan. I have the anti-virus monitoring feature turned off as it does not detect my antivirus program anyway.

When I installed ZAPRO, besides using ZAPRO's own uninstaller, I went and cleaned out any residual files on the hard drive and also in the Registry. I wanted to do a clean install with no traces of any previous version left.

I would check what other programs are starting up from the Registry and remove any unnecessary entries.

Hope this helps.

WATCHER

eromano Guest

Default Re: Long Time To Enable ZA Pro V 7

WATCHER,
    Thanks so much for those tips.
    I will give it a try.
    I am aware that it does not recognize my McAfee Anti-Virus and I do have a spyware checker that is separate also, so maybe I will disable that from ZAPRO, if I can find the right place.
    Ha.
    Thanks again and have a great summer.Ciao,Bill Romano

Thread Information