Thread: Just upgraded from ZA Pro to ZASS...crashes?

doodles Guest

Default Just upgraded from ZA Pro to ZASS...crashes?

Hi,
    My subscribtion to ZA Pro was up and I have been sick of NAV, so I decided to upgrade to ZASS and ditch Norton. I uninstalled Norton using Norton Removal Tool. Then did a clean uninstall of ZA pro 7.0.462. Then installed ZASS...then restored my backup settings. This went fine then I experienced 3 events:
    1) In the ZA program, I clicked on the STATUS tab and the program froze...I had to reboot my PC2) After the reboot, I was looking at some advanced settings for ZA Antivirus...I clicked OK and again PC froze...had to do a cold re-boot.3) Had a problem updating virus defs...it finally did it, but said I had to reboot my PC for updates to take effect. Is this normal for the AV, or just due to the error?
    Otherwise, I feel the upgrade went pretty well. Are these issues isolated or have others seen these?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Just upgraded from ZA Pro to ZASS...crashes?

Hi!please remove completely ZASS using the /clean and /rmlicense switches.See here: http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...n_install.htmlThen reinstall and DO NOT restore any backup settings from your previous ZAPRO.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

doodles Guest

What will happen to all my setting? why do I need to re-install?
    Thanks

Hi!most probably your ZAPRO settings are not fully compatible with ZASS settings....This is why you need to try the functionality of ZASS without importing any previous ZAPRO settings.You will need to setup again your ZASS according to your needs.ZASS AV scanning is set to medium by default (may be slow) to increase the speed go to the advanced options of the ZA antivirus/antispyware tab (scan options) and set it to HIGH. For maximum protection AV update frequency should be set to 1 hour.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information