Thread: New Update today !!! 70.337 to what ???

uregmi Guest

Default New Update today !!! 70.337 to what ???

I have been using zone alarm for last several yrsI have been using version 70.337 for several days now.....Today suddenly it says Downloading New Updates and went thru that update process - I saw small circle rotating, took my system to DOS prompt, did something and says new updates has been downloaded, to install , you have to reboot the box....I rebooted the box....I went to Home - Product Info and I did not see any version number differentThis happened today at noon : EAST
    US.....
    anybody know what has been updated ?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:7.0

Default Re: New Update today !!! 70.337 to what ???

Hi!don't use the free version right now, probably some ZA system files have been updated...Go and check in C:\Windows\System32\ZoneLabsand see if srescan.sys is version 5.0.170.0Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

uregmi Guest

But, they can not just send updates without notifying users ?This is illegal, somebody can sue it.. ?which file ? which version is being installed in my system ?the version I have is 5.0.162
    - of that dll file......
    what do you mean by do not use the free version ?If there is problem, they need to fix it ASAP.Million people use that and trust that

flyyourway Guest

And this is why they sent an update to keep it secure,how can one sue a company when you are using a FREE program and if you read the ULEA properly then you agree to what ZoneLabs has done by downloading an update and securing their free firewall.

uregmiSoftware companies sneak updates to their software to your PC all the time. It's perfectly normal for that to happen.

Hi!this autoupdate features was introduced since version 6.5http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...006/pr_11.htmlFax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information