Thread: Now I use kaspersky 6.0, when I tried to load zonealarm and kaspersky at startup

Hybrid View

qichuan Guest

Default Now I use kaspersky 6.0, when I tried to load zonealarm and kaspersky at startup

my computer became so slow, after 5 minutes, I can use my computer, could you tell me how to solve this problem?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: Now I use kaspersky 6.0, when I tried to load zonealarm and kaspersky at startup

Hi qichuan

The ZA Pro and the KAV will work fine together. The ZA Free will encounter problems with the KAV.

However I am not in my KAV PC right now, but it basically goes this way.

Place the Zone Alarm in the Trusted Zone of the KAV. Use the Zone Labs folder found in the Program Files and in the WINDOWS\system32 folders.

Place the vsmon.exe and the zlclient.exe as trusted applications.

In the ZA give the avp.exe three green bars, check marks for the Trusted and Internet Zone and for the Trusted Server. Right click the avp.com and in the Options, check the first two items. Make sure the startups in the OSFirewall of the ZA is set to two flat bars and the Program Control slider is set to Medium for training the ZA.

Make sure the Kaspersky Labs update servers are listed in the Privacy with no blocking of the mobile code- allow all.

Also make sure this is done in the ZA.

1. Go to Run type in command, hit OK, and type ipconfig /all then press enter. In the returned data list will be a line DNS and DHCP Servers with the IP address(s) listed out to the side
    2. In ZA on your machine on the Firewall>Zones tab click Add and then select IP Address. Make sure the Zone is set to Trusted
    3. Click OK and then Apply for each one.
    4. The loopback must be listed as Trusted. It has the address of 127.0.0.1
    5 The Generic Host Process or the svchost.exe listed in the Program list must have both Trusted and Internet access and it must have server rights for the Trusted Zone, but not the Internet Zone.

http://zonelabs.donhoover.net/dnsdhcp.html

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d....mspx?mfr=true

Make sure the Kaspersky AV is not scanning when the slowdowns are happening. This could be the reason.

If the slowdown happen when using the Internet, then change the Web scanner of the KAV to limited scanning or disable it and reboot.

Cheers

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

qichuan Guest

Default Re: Now I use kaspersky 6.0, when I tried to load zonealarm and kaspersky at startup

thank you!

Thread Information