Thread: changing "remembered" settings

gcable Guest

Default changing "remembered" settings

I am using security suite 7.
    Smart advisor poped up & asked to accept/deny an action for one of my programs.
    I chose "Remember this setting".
    I now want to alter that choice and NOT remember, but cannot find how to get to anything that looks relevant.
    Help!
    Many thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:7.0

Default Re: changing "remembered" settings

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>GCable wrote:
    I am using security suite 7.Smart advisor poped up &amp; asked to accept/deny an action for one of my programs. I chose "Remember this setting".I now want to alter that choice and NOT remember, but cannot find how to get to anything that looks relevant.Help!Many thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:7.0

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Welcome Back to the Zone Alarm user Forum..On the ZA Mail Menu on the Left side, clicl Program control, the click the Program tab..Look for the program in the list that you want to change access settings for..X = Deny Access? = ask me for accessGreen Check mark allows accessand the 1,2 or 3 bars in first collumn grant Status level..---------------------------------------
    My Configuration:
    Operating System: Vista Ultimate (32-bit) with IE7 MS Outlook 2007
    HP Pavilion d4890y Intel Core 2 Duo processor E6420 2.4 GHz 4GB DDR2 667MHz two 250GB Raid SATA HDDs, HP w1907 19-inch HD Widescreen LCD

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.1.078.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.078.000
    Driver version:7.1.078.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.162.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200706.1785
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Hi!you mean you want to revert the choice for the specific programs allowed or you want SmartDefense not showing the tick on "remember this setting"?To revert the choice, just scroll into the program list, identify the item that was allowed and then remove it (right click)For the latter problem, just turn OFF smartdefence and the remember this settings will not be ticket by default.If you set smartdefence to MANUAL it will pop-up and you will need to uncheck "remember..."Hope this helps.Cheers,Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

gcable Guest

Thanks for coming back to me so quick.
    I am sorry, I should have been more explicit because the issue is not Internet access, which I understand
    The program was IE7 (don't ask!) and the problem was that it wanted to monitor my keyboard activity.
    This might be legitimate (to allow auto signon etc) and I might want to agree, or it may not.
    But it did the raise the issue in general about such items &amp; how I then alter the choice, because clearly once I have ticked the box to &quot;remember&quot;, ZA never bothers me with that question again
    Regards

gcable Guest

Thanks for coming back to me so quick.
    I am sorry, I should have been more explicit because the issue is not Internet access, which I understand
    The program was IE7 (don't ask!) and the problem was that it wanted to monitor my keyboard activity.
    This might be legitimate (to allow auto signon etc) and I might want to agree, or it may not.
    But it did the raise the issue in general about such items &amp; how I then alter the choice, because clearly once I have ticked the box to &quot;remember&quot;, ZA never bothers me with that question again
    Regards

Hi!it is absolutely normal... probably you installed the latest MS patches and now ZA does not recognise IE.Just allow and remember, it is safe.Cheers,Fax

gcable Guest

Delete the entry.
    Of course.
    Obvious once someone suggests it.
    Many thanks.
    Regards

Hi!recent MS patches have changed the IE executable, ZA central database does not recognise IE, so you get the warning....See here: http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...d=16262#M16262Also consider that apparently some ZA servers are currently down and you may get pop-ups more than normal.Cheers,Fax

sputnik Guest

&quot;The program was IE7 (don't ask!) and the problem was that it wanted to monitor my keyboard activity.&quot;

Why would you allow this?

Thanks

Hi!its the autocomplete function of IE7... its absolutely normal and you can allow it unless you want to have problems running MS internet explorer.If you block it, also the IE menus will have problems to display.Cheers,Fax

Thread Information