Thread: Windows ME

sagbag Guest

Default Windows ME

You cut off updating support for Windows ME some time ago - I was not aware of your forum at the time.Unfortunately, whilst I operate mainly on XpPro I have to keep ME installeda) for some older and non-updateable softwareb) my internet connection is on ME, and although it also works on XP most of the time I had so much trouble with the modem and the initial connection that I am not happy about trying to move it as long as it works. I am no expert.
    So XP gets updated, but not ME. What is extent of my risk, and can anything be done about it.

I am very satisfied and do not wish to change my Firewall !!

Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:7.0

Default Re: Windows ME

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>sagbag wrote:
    You cut off updating support for Windows ME some time ago - I was not aware of your forum at the time.Unfortunately, whilst I operate mainly on XpPro I have to keep ME installeda) for some older and non-updateable softwareb) my internet connection is on ME, and although it also works on XP most of the time I had so much trouble with the modem and the initial connection that I am not happy about trying to move it as long as it works. I am no expert.So XP gets updated, but not ME. What is extent of my risk, and can anything be done about it.

I am very satisfied and do not wish to change my Firewall !!

Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:7.0

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..Here is the Zone Alarm Web Site Link to the FREE Zone Alarm Downloads with a list of all available updates to the Free version..ZAFree version 6.1.744.001 was the last version to work with ME/98/98SE..http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.htmlAs for you question about running an outdated Firewall on ME...ZAFREE 6.1.744.001 should continue to provide Faire good Firewall protection.. Just go into the Overview/Preference page and UN-check the Automatic Update option so you don't continue to get notices of a New update that will not work with ME..The only other advice with ZA and ME, is try to keep your 3rd party Anti-virus Definitions up to date and run a 3rd party Anti-Spywareand your ME computer should be as safe as possible..---------------------------------------
    My Configuration:
    Operating System: Vista Ultimate (32-bit) with IE7 MS Outlook 2007
    HP Pavilion d4890y Intel Core 2 Duo processor E6420 2.4 GHz 4GB DDR2 667MHz two 250GB Raid SATA HDDs, HP w1907 19-inch HD Widescreen LCD
    256MB NVIDIA GeForce 7500LE DVI/VGA Video card

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.1.078.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.078.000
    Driver version:7.1.078.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.162.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200706.1795
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time