Thread: ZA crashes explorer.exe following boot

bpooley Guest

Default ZA crashes explorer.exe following boot

Greetings,

I've just performed a clean install and update of XP, set up the auto-login function (with and without tweakui) and installed ZA security suite.

When ZA security suite is set to run on start, the two scanningprocesses.exe processes (dual-core notebook) start up and shortly after the gui appears I receive the message "Explorer Has Encountered an Error and Needs to Close".

This only occurs when I use the auto-login in combination with ZA security suite.

ZA + manual login simply results in a long boot period.
    ZA + auto-login causes explorer.exe to crash shortly after gui finished inisialising.

This only happens on my laptop (Acer Aspire 5680) and not on my pc, which also uses ZA + autologin.

Any thoughts on this.

I have already deleted the files in windows\internet logs with no noticable difference.
    I have also used bootlog analyser XP to monitor the boot times. ZA suite slows the boot by 60+ seconds.

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: ZA crashes explorer.exe following boot

Are you using Logitech or other brand of webcam? Did you get an error code? There have been some problems recently with some their Microsoft updates causing these types of problems. Are there any high CPU cycles? - check with task mangager - which programs/files? The two scanningprocess.exe are the&quot;normal&quot; files of the new Kaspersky anti-virus - do not delete them.<hr>:8}NaiveMelody NYC 6-17-07~3:59pm e.s.t. - U Can't Touch This - M.C. Hammer

bpooley Guest

The notebook has a logitech orbicam.

Just for the fun of it I deleted the registry entries for initialising the webcam and rebooted. Same thing again. Explorer.exe crashed following boot.

Wasn't planning to mess around with the scanner processes.

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: ZA crashes explorer.exe following boot - Logitech - procmon

Good thing I asked about Logitech - there have been problems posted about conflicts with Logitech and Kaspersky av. See - http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...ssage.id=16352
    . Plus use the red search box at bottom of page -find other posts- search Logitech, DEP - there have been a number of postings, read thru, Guru Fax, NaiveMelody, rvonder, and a few others have dwelved into it.<hr>NaiveMelody NYC 6-17-07~4:18pm e.s.t. - How Ya Like Me Now - Kool Moe Dee

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 06-17-200701:42 PM

bpooley Guest

That did it!

As soon as I disabled the logitech procmon process everything worked fine once again.

Many thanks for the help!

Thread Information