Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vista Home Premium, Program Control works fine in Auto Learn but goes all to **bleep** in Max setting.

brickwall Guest

Default Vista Home Premium, Program Control works fine in Auto Learn but goes all to **bleep** in Max setting.

When Program Control is set to Auto Learn I have no problems.
    After 7 days when it switches to the Max setting Vista becomes unusable.
    <ul>[*]The system tray icon blinks so is connected via cable modem and the firewall is blocking
    incoming
    threats but the network connection icon shows no network is present. Windows Mail and IE will not start.[*]Vista runs extremely slowly.[*]Windows Explorer does not work, making system unusable.[/list]

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Vista Home Premium, Program Control works fine in Auto Learn but goes all

Hi!did ZA ever popped up with a windows asking you to allow/block something after the AutoLearn has finished?Sounds like you have blocked something or denied involuntarily a program.... Autolearn will adjust the software you use
    for
    access/server rights to the internet/trusted zone but not the super trusted/trusted/limited
    permission
    of
    the OS ZA firewall.... those may pop-up after the AutoLearn has finished.
    Do you have any security tool installed apart from Windows Defender and ZASS?

Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

brickwall Guest

Default Re: Vista Home Premium, Program Control works fine in Auto Learn but goes all to...

Hi
    ZA notified me of the change in Program Control setting level which I OKed after which Vista went to pieces.
    No other notifications other than Firewall has blocked type.

brickwall Guest

Default Re: Vista Home Premium, Program Control works fine in Auto Learn but goes all

Hi
    ZA notified me of the change in Program Control setting level which I OKed after which Vista went to pieces.
    No other notifications other than Firewall has blocked type.

brickwall Guest

Firewall blocked netbios warnings but ZA gave no other notifications.
    No other security programs installed.

Hi!not sure what has happen... did it happen after reboot or just after you pressed OK on the notification that Firewall was going to be set itself to maximum?Have you see if you have blocked anything in Program Control? Look particularly to the "SmartDefence" column for "limited" access permission (one green bar or a red cross)... Also check the logs, not only the firewall logs but also program logs and ZA OSfirewall logs.Also try to turn OFF the ZA OS firewall --&gt;Program control tab --&gt; Custom --&gt; OSfirewall tab --&gt; Uncheck "Enable OSfirewall" (though I am not sure it has anything to do with it)You should contact ZA technical support and explain the issue: www.zonelabs.com/tsform Cheers,Fax

brickwall Guest

Hi
    To get PC working again I have had to uninstall and reinstall ZA Suite.
    Everything OK again but
    I'm in Auto Learn
    setting again, so will see what happens in 7 days time...
    This is a family PC so another user might have blocked a program.
    I will wait and see what happens, hopefully all will be well...

brickwall Guest

Problems started after a reboot.

Hi!Well, if you like to experiment... just move the slider of program control to maximum... Shutdown ZA, open it again...check the slider is to maxium.Now try to reboot... and see what happens...I would in any case follow up with ZA Technical Support.Cheers,Fax

brickwall Guest

Hi,
    Having nothing but problems since installing ZA Suite.
    Since reinstalling with program control still on Auto Learn, after the anti-virus and anti-spyware automatically update, windows mail and IE will not start and to top it off when I try to restart the PC it starts the shutdown procedure then becomes stuck.
    NOT HAPPY AT ALL.
    ZA Suite on Vista is not worth the trouble unless anybody can remedy these problems I'm going to bin ZA for good, its just not worth the hassle, especially on a family PC when all I get is &quot;the PC is not working&quot; from the family and all because I installed ZA.
    I had to wait months for a Vista version and when it arrives it is a complete bomb, I have over three months subscription left to run but ZA is just not worth spending any more time on.
    EXTREMELY HACKED OFF

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information