Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible to delete the programs from the programs tab in programs control?

avguser Guest

Default Is it possible to delete the programs from the programs tab in programs control?

Hi
    I have been infected by a large number of dialers etc. At the moment I am still virus and spy-ware scanning. I have noticed that in the Programs Tab of the Program Control there are many " winXXXX.tmp.exe " The Xs being random numbers and letters. These are dialers, malware etc...
    I'd like to know if it is possible to safely delete all the entries (not just those listed above) from here and start again?

Also because there are some programs that I no longer have or use and there are a great number of " Setup/Uninstall ". I think that this is also a good time to do a little house cleaning!!

Thank you for your time.

I'm on a Windows XP Pro Sp2 512MB RAM 80GB HDD
    ZoneAlarm Pro 7.0.337.000
    True Vec 7.0.337.000
    Driver 7.0.337.000
    Anti Spy 5.0.172.0 DAT 01.200706.1805

Anti Virus : AVAST
    Anti Spy Programs : Spybot, Ad-aware, Spyware Blaster, AVG Anti-Spy

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:7.0

Default Re: Is it possible to delete the programs from the programs tab in programs control?

Hi!yes, right click on it and select 'remove'... you can select multiple entries with 'shift' or 'ctrl' key.You can reset the ZA database and start from a fresh install. This way:http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...rruptlogs.html(you will loose all of your ZA settings)If you have been infected by malware may be its time to move to another malware scanner...The free AOL AVS is very good... better than your current Avast.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 06-19-2007 03:38 AM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

avguser Guest

Default Re: Is it possible to delete the programs from the programs tab in programs control?

Thank you very much for your quick reply.
    Good luck and thanks again!!
    PS The downloader is not recognized by many anti viruses at the moment!! But more today than yesterday!!
    Thanks again

avguser Guest

Sorry to bother you again but are there any I shouldn't remove?

Hi!well, in principle, no.... They will be recreated once you use them or they access the internet.Of course the best would be to make a fresh install of ZApro.So you will get automatic pre-configured system entries.But otherwise just remove them (you can backup your configuration and go back to it in case of problems)One way to determine if a certain executable is still in your PC is to right click on it in the ZA program control list and select 'properties'.If the file/executable is not in your system an error will be displayed, so you can remove it safely.Hope this helps.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 06-19-2007 03:52 AM

avguser Guest

Thanks for your tip on doing a re-install. How can I do a reinstall? IE Is there any special way? I have Zone Alarm Pro 6.0.631.002 program. Will it update to the version I'm using now? Of course I will Re-install

Hi!What are using is a kind of old version.... any reasons for not updating to 7?You can unintall the current version following closely this intruction (keep note of your license):http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...n_install.htmlYou find all version of ZApro here:http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.htmlFax

Message Edited by fax on 06-21-2007 12:35 AM

avguser Guest

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear enough....
    I have a version EXE of Zone Alarm Pro 6.0.631.002

But at one point it updated to 7.0.337. I just wanted to know if I un-installed the version I have now, which updated automatically to 7.0.337 from 6.0.631.002, and installed the previous version would it automatically update to the newest version (i.e. 7.0.337) or would I have to download it from somewhere else?
    As for that you have already answered....For what it is worth I saved the install file when I got ZoneAlarm Pro and that was the version at that time!!

Thanks once again for your help

PS the first link in your last reply is not available anymore.

Hi!not sure I understand but you can directly install the latest version with your license at hand...Sorry, corrected the non-working link....Cheers,Fax

avguser Guest

No, I am sorry. I'd like to do a fresh install, I think when I've got rid of these infections!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information