Thread: Scanningprocess.exe **bleep**ing up all my system resources - ZA Vista

joeskeezix Guest

Default Scanningprocess.exe **bleep**ing up all my system resources - ZA Vista

Every now and again (NOT when I have a scan scheduled) my computer will slow down to a complete crawl and CPU usage will zoom up
    to 50%-75% and hang there.
    I checked the task manager and discovered that it was scanningprocess.exe that was using the CPU.
    At first I thought that it would eventually drop back down to its usual 2%-5% usage, but after 40 minutes I had to restart.
    It seems to happen mainly after switching users from my wife's user account to mine (both remain logged on).
    Has anyone else had this happen?
    Is this just a Vista thing?
    Here's what I'm running:OS:
    Vista Home PremiumCPU:
    core two duo 2.18 GHzRAM:
    2 GHz

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Antivirus
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)

Default Re: Scanningprocess.exe **bleep**ing up all my system resources - ZA Vista

Hi!Does it happen also if you log-off?Better you report this directly to ZA technical support: www.zonelabs.com/tsformCheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 06-22-2007 10:41 AM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

joeskeezix Guest

Default Re: Scanningprocess.exe **bleep**ing up all my system resources - ZA Vista

The first time it happened I had just logged out my wife and was going back into my own user account.
    The second time it happened I had just restarted after the first time.
    So there doesn't seem to be any link between the number of users logged in, or rebooting - at one point I shut the whole thing down (totally) and waited a few minutes before turning it back on again... didn't help.
    It hasn't done it for a couple of days now, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's just a "new installation" thing.
    P.S. sorry about the **bleep**.
    I didn't know that word would be censored (it starts with "S" and it's what a vacuum cleaner does)

Hi!running ZA 7.1 on VISTA and haven't yet noticed what you experienced....May be a third party application conflicting (or stressing) the AV/AS KAV scanner (i.e. scanningprocess.exe)?No idea.... sorry. If it happens again, better to check with ZA tech. support.Cheers,Fax

earl_k Guest

Same issue here, and seems to be that the update is running constantly. It seems like once an hour, the update runs. My memory usage spikes (from 32% to the 54-76% range) and the hard drive spins like crazy. Is there a way to configure the update schedule? Vista Ultimate, 2GB memory, ZASS 7.1

earl_k Guest

OK, so ZASS has run updates at 5.38pm, 6.28pm, and 12.23pm. I noticed this because my system would start to CRAWL, then I'd position the mouse over the ZA icon in the systray and it would say "update is running." Why is the update running so often and chugging so many resources?

Hi!the AV signature updates every hour... I don't know why you system will crawl during the update...Please report it to the technical support.Cheers,Fax

Thread Information