Thread: Streaming Music problem

penpusher Guest

Default Streaming Music problem

Hi
    I,m running Zone Alarm Security Suite v7 and I am having a strange problem.
    When I sample music or stream a radio broadcast I can only do it once. After listening to the sample using Windows Media player or Real player I cannot access the internet until I reboot. All other internet access is ok until I sample music. I connect using a cable modem through a Linksys router and use Firefox & IE in windows xp which is upto date.
    Any ideas what the problem is?
    Regards

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:7.0

bronxgirl Guest

Default Re: Streaming Music problem

It is likely your Privacy settings causing the problem. The Privacy advisor can help resolve the issue and allow you to customise those sites for your use. You will need to go to the Privacy Panel and click on 'custom' in Cookie Control. Then go to the bottom and enable 'Show Privacy Advisor' click apply then ok.

Next go to the page in question and when the Privacy Advisor alert pops up, click on "Click here for details'' and it should take you to the Site List box where you will see the entry causing the problem. The name of the entry can be found in the "Entry Detail" box at the bottom of the page. Now click on 'options' and turn off the ones that interfer with the page. You may have to try several and then refresh the page until the issue is resolved. Also clean your cache when completed.

If the above does not fix your problem, try a database reset.

Try resetting your database and see if that will fix it. Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode.
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4. Reboot into the normal mode.

naivemelody Guest

For media players - use three green bars=super trust level > Access - two green checks > they need Server Access - two green checks , mail -? . Then for YouTube videos, MySpace, media players, on-line video gaming,
    and others -Need a little bit of tweaking in your Privacy section - use your ZA User Guide - right click ZA tray icon > click "Help" = this
    is your User Guide -see chapters on "Privacy protection" and " "Troubleshooting > Third-party software"
    - read thru - make adjustments. No need to shut off ZA, yes. Sometimes it's - the cookies, 3rd party cookies, sometimes the pop-up, ads, mobile code off, at the extreme shut off all 'privacy protection', sometimes - temporarily lowering the ZA Firewall > Main > Internet Zone Security from High to "Medium" = remember to get back to "high" afterwards -
    it can be solved. Maybe use
    IE instead of Firefox for these apps.<hr>Also check your pc for this - http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...message.id=145 .<hr>From Guru Hoov's website - http://zonealarm.donhoover.net/privacy.html#Top
    .<hr><div align="center">Privacy Settings

Here is the front page of the privacy settings

You can change some of the privacy settings just by clicking on one of the x's or one of the checkmark
    Then selecting either allow or block.

Or you can right click on the site, and select options. Or click on the site and click the options button in the lower right corner.

and then you get

And on this page you can change the options to have to do with Cookies.
    Then if you click on the Ad Blocking tab you get this page

Where you can make adjustments to the add blocking capabilities.
    Now click on the Mobile Code Control and you get

Where you can change what kinds of scripts you want to block.
    And by adjusting the settings in this fashion, you are customizing the settings on a per site basis.

But by far the best way of figuring out what you need to customize on what site is to turn the privacy advisor on.
    You do this in the cookie control settings page
    And to get there you go to the privacy section in ZoneAlarm and click the custom button in the cookie section

Its at the bottom of the page.
    Once you check that and surf to a site you get this kind of popup

And what you need to do is remember what it is telling you is being blocked,
    then you click where it says to and it will take you to the site that needs customizing, as well as highlighting it.

Go ahead and make whatever changes you want. Then this Icon will appear in the Edited column.

This happens no matter how you customize the settings on the site.

Something else you need to know about the Site list is that there are a few ways to reset it.
    1. Reboot windows
    2. Turn ZoneAlarm off and then back on
    3. Turn the privacy settings off and then back on
    4. Crash your system (not suggested)
    Also on occasion the list will be reset totally after a crash, or other event that causes the settings database to be reset.
    If you decide that one of the sites on the list needs to go away, right click on it and select remove

<hr>NaiveMelody NYC 6-24-07~5:06pm e.s.t. - Listen To the Music - The Doobie Brothers

penpusher Guest

Thanks to both of you
    I managed to get this to work by un-ticking the &quot;block third party cookies&quot; &amp; all worked ok. I chose to demo cd tracks on Amazon but I am not to happy about leaving this setting

Thread Information