Thread: Possible bug - Zone Alarm regularly shuts itself off, requiring a manual uninstall and reinstall

chaironome Guest

Default Possible bug - Zone Alarm regularly shuts itself off, requiring a manual uninstall and reinstall

I am using ZoneAlarm Pro version 6.5_737_000. This happens to me about once a month, like clockwork. I reboot my PC, log in to Windows XP, and ZoneAlarm is GONE. The icon isn't there. I try clicking on the "Zone Labs Security" program in my Start>Programs. Nothing. I go in the services and see that the TrueVector Internet Monitor isn't running. I try to start it: it says "Error 32: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process." Ugh. I hit ctrl+alt+delete and see if the vsmon process is running. It is not. This time, when I try to uninstall it through the Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel, it says "The file C:\WINDOWS\system32\Zonelabs\vsmon.exe could not be opened". In the past it has said something like "ZoneAlarm cannot access the TrueVector monitor. Please start the service to resume installation." Well, I've tried that and I can't. Essentially the only way I've found to repair this regular problem is the tedious manual uninstallation and reinstallation. I followed the steps here: http://www.zonealarm.dk/uninstall.html and I was able to reinstall it. But having to do this regularly is a pain! What's worse is whenever ZoneAlarm decides to stop working, it takes down my Radmin Remote Administration server down with it. So if I'm on the road I can't remote control into my PC. I've also had this problem with ZoneAlarm deciding to disappear on my laptop. Both machines are running XP with all the latest service packs and patches. Is there a explanation for this behavior? A patch? A way to fix it? Is this fixed in ZoneAlarm 7?

Operating System: Windows XP Pro Software Version: 6.5 Product Name: ZoneAlarm Pro Message Edited by chaironome on 06-27-2007 04:41 PM

Message Edited by chaironome on 06-27-2007 04:42 PM

Default Re: Possible bug - Zone Alarm regularly shuts itself off, requiring a manual uninstall and reinstall

Hi!I have no other explanation than a conflicting software or malware infections....Try to follow the link below and install the latest version of ZAPro.http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...hread.id=48347Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information