Thread: ZA conflicts with Thunderbird

clevelandoh Guest

Default ZA conflicts with Thunderbird

My ZoneAlarm (7.0.337.000) worked wonderfully with Thunderbird for years. Until a few days ago. Not sure if it was a ZA update or a T-Bird update, but they're not getting along anymore. All of a sudden, my Thunderbird couldn't check mail or work properly. I eventually narrowed it down to a conflict with ZoneAlarm. Turn ZA off, and T-Bird works fine. I really hate to run without ZA. Anyone have a suggestion for a fix? Many thanks. I'm running Windows XP, by the way. And the latest version of Thunderbird.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: ZA conflicts with Thunderbird

Hi!with Thunderbird shutdown... 1. go to ZA program control and removeThunderbird entry;2. Shutdown ZA and wait a couple of minutes;3. Open ZA and check that Thunderbird entry is gone;4. Open Thunderbird 5. ZA should pop-up ans ask about Thunderbird 6. ALLOW and REMEMBER..If the above fails try to reset your ZA database. It may be corrupted.See here how to do it:http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...rruptlogs.htmlCheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

lepatso Guest

Hi!! I have the exact same problem as "ClevelandOh" since a few days ago, it was also working fine for years and from one day to the next without changing anything to my computer settings, I can't send or received e-mails through Thunderbird except when I shutdown ZA. As soon as I do that everything works like a charm, like before!! I run XPpro SP2, ZA 7.0.362.000, Nod32 2.70.32 anti virus. I run thunderbird 1.5.012 for U3 by John T. Haller (portableapps.com) from my memory stick plugged to my laptop. I have done what you said and what they say in the link you posted and the problem is not fixed! I have noticed in the internet log file that it ad a ZA text file, don't know if I should have deleted it or not or if it would have make a difference or not but they didn't mentionned anything about it in your link. I have also uninstall and reinstall ZA without success! Also searching on google, can't remember what forum it was, but I read something that said it could be Nod 32 that makes ZA act like that!! Is that possible? Any other idea on how to fix our problem, it's really anoying!! Thanks alot!! LePAtso Message Edited by LePatso on 07-08-2007 09:10 PM

Message Edited by LePatso on 07-08-2007 09:20 PM

Hi!sorry to hear you have still problems... no other ideas... sorry.I don't use Thunderbird nor NOD so I don't know if its a non-ZA related problem.Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information