Thread: ZoneAlarm Vista Troubles

joea Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Vista Troubles

I'm using Vista on My Laptop. After installing free ZoneAlarm I see number of critical problems: 1) PC startup/shutdown time became extremely loooong 2) On shutdown it returns error that says "cannot create a log" 3) My network icon shows no connection although the PC connected to internet. I'm not running Norton or other Symantec products and my general windows account security features are off. Is there any way to download fixes to solve this problem? I've been using ZoneAlarm many years and have never seen such bug in their apps.

Operating System:
    Windows Vista Business Software Version:
    7.1 (Vista) Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm (Free) Thinkpad T60p, 2.0 dualcore 2gb ram

Message Edited by JoeA on 07-01-2007 04:40 PM

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Vista Troubles

Hi!running ZASS for VISTA without any of the highlithed problems...Better you contact ZA technical support at: www.zonelabs.com/tsform Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

joea Guest

yeah.... Very useful... Interesting how they expect people to buy products when it doesn't work properly...

ZoneAlarm provides Technical Support for FREE ZoneAlarm by the following methods only.

1. You can use the Technical Support Self Help Site, and search our Knowledge Base for the solution to your issue.
    http://www.zonelabs.com/store/conten.../znalmMain.jsp
    2. There is now also a support forum (ZoneAlarm User Community) where you can search for others with similar issues, or post a question if you can't find it by searching:
    http://www.zonelabs.com/community/
    3. ZoneAlarm now offers two new phone support options for FREE ZoneAlarm:
    877-365-ZONE (9663) Only $2.95 per minute, charged to a major credit card.
    900-988-ZONE (9663) Only $2.95 per minute, charged directly to your phone bill.
    Phone support hours of operation are 8am-5pm PST Mon-Fri (excluding major holidays)

NOTE: Users of our free Products can upgrade to our AV, PRO and Suite versions, and are then eligible for technical support via email.
    Best Regards,
    ZoneAlarm Customer Care Team

Hi!sorry, missed that your were using the free version...Well, no support for free version... unless a forum user as a solution for your problem better youlook for another free firewall that does not conflict with your system.Cheers,Fax

joea Guest

Yeah... but you probably miss the point... based on free version people usually decide to buy or not to buy :-) According to huge number of posts on this forum with similar problems no one including zonelabs found solution yet :-/

Hi!you should in principle not base your decision of buying ZA using the free version. Free version does not have 90% of the features the retail versions have...There is a trial period for all ZA products, during the trial you will be able to try all features of the products as well as use the ZA official support.Cheers,Fax

joea Guest

Thanks a lot, it was very useful. Actually the most convincing answer I've ever got :-)

joea Guest

BTW, there is no ZoneAlarm on my PC any more, hope it will back to normal now... Maybe sometimes, when you guys fix all bugs...

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>JoeA wrote:
    Maybe sometimes, when you guys fix all bugs...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>This board is not monitored by ZA staff... all users here.Bugs? It runs very well here :8} Very happy so far...Cheers,FAx

Thread Information