Thread: What is the difference in the firewall between ZoneAlarm pro and ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite ?

forkieboy Guest

Default What is the difference in the firewall between ZoneAlarm pro and ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite ?

How can the firewall in an ZoneAlarm integrated security suite be available for use in Windows Vista, but the standalone professional version not be available ? I don't care whether ZoneAlarm Pro can monitor my anti-virus software or provide anti-spyware protection, I just want a functioning firewall. I have tried the free version for Vista and it has major problems relating to CA anti-virus, and AdAware anti-spyware, and other programs which require internet access, and I suspect this is a large part of the problem in supplying a new version of the Professional version. I remember when, before ZoneAlarm built in the additional bells and whistles, this was an excellent product. Unfortunately, as more features have been added, it has become a less and less friendly product. Finally, when I contacted customer service regarding the lack of a Vista version of ZoneAlarm Pro, I was offered a six month extension of my license key, but no information regarding a product upgrade. Time to look for a better and friendlier product. Thanks to all those on the forums, Cheers, Les

Operating System:Windows Vista Ultimate
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: What is the difference in the firewall between ZoneAlarm pro

Not sure you want help... but what sort of problems did ZAfree fot VISTA had with CA and adaware... what were the error messages?Unless you had a bad install they just should work fine... did they ask permission to connect to the internet?
    ZAfree 7.1 for VISTA comes free of any undesired add-on as compared to
    ZAfree 7 for XP that comes with ZASS embedded.
    Have you tried to completely remove any ZA left overs and re-install. In the document below there is a list of files/folders that may be are still on your systemhttp://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=103
    Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

forkieboy Guest

I wasn't asking for advice on the problems I had, but am still curious about a reply to the subject of my post. Thanks, Les

Hi!If you are so generic about the issue you had its really difficult to try to understand what went wrong...For sure, its not normal that ZAfree for VISTA with the basic firewall (with no advanced features or AV or HIPS) can cause conflicts with CA or adaware.There are conflicts between ZAfree 7 for XP and CA due to a bad ZA installer. But this is a completelty different story since, if I understood correctly, you are using VISTA and not XP.Cheers,Fax

forkieboy Guest

Sorry I took so long to get back but I was trying to get Vista working on my home network and have finally succeeded. Perhaps I clouded the issue with ZoneAlarm Free as I didn't realise that it didn't support local Networks. I am running Vista with Ca AntiVirus and Adaware. No third party firewall (using Windows firewall at the moment). I have tested a few other firewalls but none had the the functionality that ZoneAlarm Pro provided under Windows XP. Given that CheckPoint have had well over twelve months to develop a new Vista compatible version of ZoneAlarm Pro, I ask the following questions -
    (1) CheckPoint provide a free Vista compatible firewall version, and a Vista compatible version of the firewall in the Integrated Security Suite, so why has ZoneAlarm Pro not been updated to provide Vista compatibility ?
    (2) If it is not going to be updated, why can't CheckPoint at least have the decency to say so ?
    (3) If it is going to be updated, when ?
    These are the answers I want. I didn't get them from the support I supposedly pay for, so I thought the forums might be a reasonable alternative. If not, as I said earlier, time to move on,
    Cheers, Les

Hi!1. You need to ask Checkpoint... we are all users here. ZA does NOT monitor this board. By the way, they were offering free license extensions for users waiting for ZAPRO2. Same as above..3. Same as above..ZA customer support: www.zonelabs.com/csform ZA tech. support: www.zonelabs.com/tsform Cheers,Fax

brownjm Guest

I have the same sort of questions about ZoenAlarm getting ZAP out for Vista. I just updated my ZAP registration in May for two years and then had to replace my system. That's when I discovered that ZAP will not work with Vista. ZAFree doesn't give the DHCP functionality of ZAP. Doesn't support my local networks. Doesn't recognize my corporate edition of McAfee. Doesn't provide an OS Firewall function. About the only thing I have ever seen ZAFree block was my legitimate outbound connections.
    On the "ZoneAlarm doesn't monitor the forums" issue. I think they very well should monitor the forums. Their website pretty much
    pushes you to use the forums for issues.
    I've used ZAP since the beginning of ZoneAlarmPro, I want it back for Vista.
    Mike Brown(frustrated ZAP loyalist)

Hi!you may want to sign up here:http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...ucts/vista.jspand you will be notified as soon as ZAPRO is published for VISTA.Cheers,Fax

Thread Information