Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ZASS causes extreme system slowdown - long boot times, applications won't load

saskee Guest

Default Re: ZASS causes extreme system slowdown - long boot times, applications won't load

I have
    experienced similar problems with my old and overstuffed Dell 4100 800mHz, 512 MB, XP Pro but not a newer notebook with Vista.
    I'm not really impressed with Checkpoint for promoting this product without warning those with older systems to stay clear, but I have set the program to not load at startup and start it manually when the other programs and services have loaded.
    Works well from a time standpoint, but not sure what kind of security compromise this is.
    It also does seem to slow down programs loading after startup, but nothing I can't live with.
    Just the industry's way of making sure we buy new hardware I guess.
    Jim

Default Re: ZASS causes extreme system slowdown - long boot times, applications won't load

Disabling ZA at startup means:- ZA will not protect you up to when it is loaded (usually it loads even before you login) and: - ZA can be tampered easily by malware...IMO, not a reccomended setting.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information