Is this recommended? What are they needing to access the internet for? Update drivers? Allow users to access eSupport?
Here's the background info:
I must use this parallel port key with our design program to allow access to the program/database on the network. It's a network version of the program, so each workstation (about 7 seats) accesses the "server" and "sees" the key. Once the KeyServer program sees the correct authorizaton code on each workstation and matches it with the info burned into the physical parallet port key,
it then
allows users to log in, and use the program.
I must also have a legitimate copy of the program installed (support payments kept up to date, and correct authorization codes) and a parallel port key in order to access the eSupport Forums website. Once the Active X program sees the key and installation, it lets you enter the website. (That's one way of keeping the riff-raff off of your forums!)
I see the alerts where ZA has blocked the Sentinel Key from accessing the internet, but haven't experienced any problems accessing the eSupport Forum. How can I find out what's going on, and how tell ZA to allow it?

Operating System:
Windows XP Pro
Software Version:
Product Name:
ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Message Edited by Tekncl-Kwestyn on 07-06-2007 10:10 AM

Message Edited by Tekncl-Kwestyn on 07-06-2007 10:11 AM