Thread: ZASS blocks keyboard shortcuts?

trelaina Guest

Default ZASS blocks keyboard shortcuts?

Since I installed ZASS on Vista, one of my programs that I usually start with a keyboard combination causes a full computer lockdown when I try it.
    I've even tried it with ZA disabled (or at least I think it was disabled) and the keyboard command won't work.
    I've gone in and changed the keyboard command (thinking I had a conflict with another installed program) and that didn't work either.
    Does ZA block certain keyboard commands?
    If so, is there a way to tell it that a certain combination is okay, or that any keyboard commands are okay?
    I like my keyboard shortcuts :8}

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: ZASS blocks keyboard shortcuts?

Hi!never heard of ZA blocking keyboard shortcut, the fact that you have issue even with ZA shutdown its an indication that ZA is not the problem.Try to contact ZA technical support, if they know more about it: www.zonelabs.com/tsform Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

trelaina Guest

I know, it sounds like ZA shouldn't be an issue, but the problem started when I installed ZA, and I tried uninstalling it and the shortcut started working again.
    Weird.
    I'm wondering if I didn't have ZA truly disabled.
    Going to try that next before I hit tech support.
    Does the "shutdown ZASS" option truly close all ZA functions, or is any part of it left running?
    I was thinking of turning off the "start when Windows starts" option, then restarting and trying the shortcut.
    I've got the other program's tech support already working on it.

aussie_jack Guest

Hi from a newbie, and compliments of the Season.

I am using:
    Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 2
    Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.6
    ZoneAlarm 65.737.000
    Spybot S&D
    AVGuard 7.5.516

When I have Firefox open on a new window and go to 'Desktop' and click on a shortcut to open a new window in Firefox - nothing happens.

If I shutdown ZoneAlarm from the taskbar, lo, no problems in opening numerous Firefox windows from my Desktop shortcuts.

Apologies if this has already been answered... but as I said above, only a newbie here.

I would rather leave ZA operational but do a lot of research, etc. and have to shut it down while I work .... crazy, huh?

Any help would be appreciated.

cheers

cheers

Thread Information