Thread: E-mail for free upgrade;Is it bogus?

amberkitty Guest

Default E-mail for free upgrade;Is it bogus?

Hiya,I just got an e-mail supposedly from the following:" news@zonealarm.zonelabs.com" offering me a free upgrade if I click a link. I didn't but I wanted to know if such an offer really exists. I'm 99% sure it doesn't so I thought I'd post the info here for your perusal and advice. Thanks. Here is some of what it says;

&quot;<div class="head-lrg">Upgrade to Our Most Advanced Security Suite for FREE!<div class="head-med">Easy as 1-2-3 (Regularly $49.95)

With ZoneAlarm, the award-winning firewall, you have made an important first step in protecting your PC and privacy. However, you are still not completely protected. Without complete protection, you are vulnerable to viruses, spyware, hackers and more. Because we are serious about your security, we have made it possible for you to get our premium software, <a target="_blank">ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite for free!</a>"

&quot;
    <div class="grey-reg" align="left">You can get a fully licensed copy of Internet Security Suite for Free! Through our partnership with TrialPay, you can try or buy products from hundreds of name brand retailers and THEY will pay for your subscription to Internet Security Suite it's that easy!&quot;

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:6.5
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: E-mail for free upgrade;Is it bogus?

Trial Pay, does exist. It's a partnership of various companies where you can get &quot;free&quot; services for contracting for the original offer. I have one confirmed user, offered a &quot;free&quot; ZA Suite for trying a year contract with On-line Blockbuster home service; so it's real. Amberkitty staying alert and cautious
    - good for you. If you get an email from ZA for a free 'system pc check-up' - I'd suggest you avoid that one. Always read the fine print, terms and conditions, FAQS.<hr>:0NaiveMelody NYC 7-13-07 - Heart Of Glass - Blondie

Thread Information