Thread: Why? ZoneAlarm grabbing focus!

uriel Guest

Default Why? ZoneAlarm grabbing focus!

Why, oh why does ZoneAlarm have to remove the focus from my current application every hour right on the dot? Stupid anti-spyware is a pain in the donkey! I don't mind it checking for an update but is there any way to get it to stop it from minimizing fullscreen apps and removing focus from anything I happen to be typing in or reading on the hour, every hour short of disabling anti-spyware or putting it into Game Mode permenently?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Why? ZoneAlarm grabbing focus!

Hi!This issue has been resolved in the latest version: For a smooth update do the following:1. Download the new ZASS installer: http://www.zonelabs.com/zasuitedownload/ 2. Clean your registry/system. Ccleaner is an excellent utility for this. www.ccleaner.com (do not install the yahoo toolbar)3. Backup your ZA settings (overview --> preferences)4. On your current ZA, Uncheck "Load ZA... at startup" (overview --> preferences)5. Reboot your system6. Install the new update (upgrade or clean).The above may only fail if you have conflicting security tools installed (e.g. Spyware Doctor. System Mechanics priot to 7.1.5),malware infections or messy OSand if ZA is acting weird (should not be the case).. just clean install and restore settings.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

uriel Guest

Weird, when I click check for update it says I am up to date already.

uriel Guest

Yay, thanks!! Problem fixed, and just as the hour was going to hit so I could test it. Man, that was driving me insane.

Although jeez, I had to reboot enough to uninstall/reinstall.

uriel Guest

Default Bloody **bleep**.

Well the new version HALF fixes it.. Instead of it taking focus off of the current application and minimizing it, it just takes focus for a few seconds, then returns it back to the original window... Which is supremely annoying because it freezes up all input for that duration. It's a pain in games, and just **bleep**s hard when I am in the middle of fervently writing and it breaks my concentration, not to mention that it also causes Word to miss half a sentence.

Why did they change this? I don't recall this ever happening before. I will just have to turn off the anti-spyware function until they fix it.. It's driving me batty.

Default Re: Bloody **bleep**.

Hi!It does not happen here...That should not be the antivirus/antispyware but the product update (overview --> preferences).Try to set product update to manual.Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

uriel Guest

Default Re: Bloody **bleep**.

Yeah, already had that set.. Problem goes away when I turn off anti-spyware too.

Thread Information