Thread: Norton 360 Issues - I want to get rid of it !

mikulabbott Guest

Default Norton 360 Issues - I want to get rid of it !

Hi - Hope someone can help ?
    In April, I foolishly
    bought & downloaded Norton 360 as an upgrade from Internet Security 2006.
    Ever since, I've been unable to access things like PayPal, shopping sites I've bought from for years, some online banking sites/pages & more.
    I get a browser
    message stating that the sites security certificate is out of date, or has been revoked (I DON'T THINK SO !!!!!)

In addition I can't access ANY of Symantecs online support pages (similar message appears) & there's no other contact details for them on any of their site pages.
    After an extensive (& I mean EXTENSIVE) seach, I did manage to find an e-mail address I could use to contact someone at Symantec, but they either don't care, or don't understand my complaint.
    13 e-mails, several missed bargains & an inability to sell any more on e-bay, several bank charges because I can't access my bank account later, I just want rid of the Norton product, but can't get anyone in their company to help me get a refund & remove it from my machine.
    Now that I've loaded ZoneAlarm, I can access my PayPal again, (thank you ZoneAlarm !) but not my online banking & some other sites ?
    I daren't remove Norton 360 using add/remove programmes via teh control panel, because I got the impression that this could damage my machine - The bit of Symantec's site I could access suggested I need to complete an online form (which of course I can't access !!!!) & get a 'key' from them to remove the product ????
    Can anyone help me please ?
    Thanks very much
    Mike

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition

jjimbo Guest

Default Re: Norton 360 Issues - I want to get rid of it !

i think i remember this problem from previous threads. it is a common problem. the advice
    that was given was to download' symantec uninstaller' which completely removes all traces of it from your pc.unfortunately i cant remember where i read the threads but theyre in there somewhere. may be post a request of where to download it from.
    i dont think deleting it from add remove programmes should do any damage to ur pc. try to google symantec uninstaller. sorry i couldnt be of more help.let me know how you get on .

***REGRET NOT WHAT YOU HAVE DONE, BUT WHAT YOU HAVENT***

Try "symantec" as the password for uninstalling. Works with the corporate AV version.

Message Edited by Jeruselem on 07-16-2007 10:29 AM

naivemelody Guest

See this - http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...message.id=154

read carefully before attempting to use the Tool. [not corporate versions]<hr>Another tip - call
    Norton customer service - to cancel service and make sure that they &quot;do not renew your credit card charge&quot; = new scam, unless you tell them otherwise, they have your credit card number and will renew your account automatically
    - you must call and confirm - cancel account. - http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...ssage.id=44027
    .<hr>Next time you post it would be advisable to list the ZA product, it's version and some basic pc-set up, especially other security software; it helps us - so we can help you. Are you using IE 6 or 7 ? or other? Do you have all the latest Microsoft updates? One of the recent updates involved &quot; updating root certificates&quot; = possbily involving some of the security sites you have problems accessing.<hr>With ZA running, right click ZA tray icon &gt;see &quot;Help&quot; = this is your User Guide - it has all the common settings, customizations plus explanations. Depending on &quot;which version
    of ZA&quot; you have - check chapter on &quot;Privacy protection&quot; for accessing sites.<hr>:8}NaiveMelody NYC 7-16-07 - Brandy - The Looking Glass

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 07-15-2007 11:00 PM

Thread Information