Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dell Printer driver (model 946) incompatible with new Zone Alarm when using Vista

dmack Guest

Default Re: Dell Printer driver (model 946) incompatible with new Zone Alarm when using Vista

I'm having the same problem with Dell 944 Vista driver. I read the suggestions of what someone should do to fix the problem but I have not read whether the suggestions worked for those with problems. The instructions with command line input is too technical for most users, suggesting that ZA is not user friendly. Software should be plug and play. That was the great thing about Macs when I used them. If I have to get so technical to do my work, I'll move back to Norton even if it offers less protection.
    Dennis

cjwertz Guest

Default Re: Dell Printer driver (model 946) incompatible with new Zone Alarm when using Vista

I have read somewhere that the Dell Printer and my Lexmark printer may be the same since Lexmark does make printers for Dell.

I've also spent a lot of time on this and have been in touch with ZoneAlarm, Lexmark and Toshiba. (I have a new Lexmark printer and a new Toshiba Notebook.)

I think ZoneAlarm may be off the hook. I disabled ZoneAlarm three different ways: ZoneAlarm control, MsConfig startup options and ZoneAlarm startup options. The problem persisted.

After several hours on the phone with Lexmark and Toshiba, I was left with the the work that the gut at Toshiba will contact Lexmark and get back to me.

I'll let you know here if I ever get anywhere.

sunphoenix Guest

I have the same exact problem with my Dell printer 926 ... I had to uninstall ZA nothing else worked.
    I hope ZA will do something about it. Is there another good free firewall out there ?

bigdawg_daddy Guest

<blockquote><hr>sunphoenix wrote:
    I have the same exact problem with my Dell printer 926 ... I had to uninstall ZA nothing else worked.
    I hope ZA will do something about it. Is there another good free firewall out there ?
    <hr></blockquote>
    You have Posted in a Very old Trend from last July..Have you checked with DELL Tech Support to see if the have any New Printer Drivers for your Printer since the last message 5 months ago???
    This is not the Place to ask for Info on other Firewalls..Have you tried to GOOGLE - Firewall Reviews ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information