Thread: inbound protection: this firewall has blocked 0 inbound attempts???

jjnewboots Guest

Default inbound protection: this firewall has blocked 0 inbound attempts???

My zone alarm has said that as far as the inbound protection it has blocked 0 attempts.
    It has said this forever.
    I am hooked up to our dsl by hardwire not wireless.
    I have my computer set up to be in stealth mode.
    My husband has zone alarm as well.
    He has a wireless computer however.
    His computer shows a lot of hits.
    Is my zone alarm working???
    thanks,jjnewboots

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:6.5
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

jdoliver Guest

Default Re: inbound protection: this firewall has blocked 0 inbound attempts???

Most DLS modems/routers have a built in NAT firewall. That stops hits before they reach Zone Alarm. So you get 0 hits!

richard_ian Guest

I have exactly the same issue - 0 intrusion attempts reported! I'm using a ADSL modem that has NO firewall. The problem must be related to the Vista version of ZA because on my old PC running XP, using the self same modem, there were plenty of intrusion attempts reported.

I'm in dialogue with ZoneLabs over this but we're not getting very far! What I want to know is whether I can be sure that intrusions attempts ARE being blocked

Any other ideas would be welcome.

Richard Abrahams

chatrage Guest

I've also been in dialogue with ZA on this topic, they suggest the cable provider is "filtering noise" as the reason. I was interested enough to call COMCAST and ask them if they have a Network firewall running and their answer was NO.
    I noticed this recently as I switched from dialup to broadband cable the ZA inbound counter registers zero hits. If you go to Shieldsup.com you can test to see if your firewall is working and you can also go to matousec leak tests and download some of the leak tests, run them and if you have ZA set to maximum program control they should all be blocked...note: they are "outbound."
    Are you gonna believe what the results show or your lying eyes as you read the ZA Overview Inbound Protection display?

chatrage Guest

Thread Information